Part ten

Jess's p.o.v

Me "OK babes I'll see you later, bye! "Sorry, that was my..." I turned back to him, but he was gone. He'd heard me on the phone and must have thought...shit!

I got back to the table and Shannon was sat staring into his glass. Jared to me "You OK there Jess, we thought you'd run off." me "Sorry, my friend Rosa just rang." Shannon looked at me, his eyes were colder than before. "She couldn't find her car keys. Loses everthing that girl! I've been staying at hers since I've been here. We joke that I'm her wife since I'm always taking care of her." I looked at Shannon as I said that, as if to explain myself. His eyes softened and he smiled at me.

Jamie "So guys, what we doing now?" Tomo put his hands on his stomach. T "Nothing too strenuous, I'm stuffed!" Jared turned to me J "Jess, you know the area. Any ideas?" me "Well originally, after dinner I was going to catch a movie". E "Anything good?" me "They're showing The Shinning at the theatre down the street if anyone's interested?" Jared "Are you kidding? That's one of my favourites!" to Shannon "It ok with you big bro?" S "Sounds good to me!" We paid the bill and left.

As we got outside I hung back to speak to Shannon. Me "I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea about that phone call. It must have sounded weird out of context." S "It's OK. But just to be clear, do you have a boyfriend?" I smiled and stroked his cheek. Me "Nope, I'm free and single." S "Good! So I can do this..." He leaned in to kiss me. Jared "Hey Jess come on! We don't know where we're going!" I laughed and whispered to Shannon "To be continued..." He smiled at me S "Definitely".

I ran and caught up to Jared. Me "This way!" He offered me his arm and I took it, both of us leading the way.