Part thirty five

Jess's p.o.v

My head felt like there was a woodpecker trapped inside 'Thump, thump, thump.' I dragged myself out of bed and staggered into the bathroom for some asprin and a shower. The water was warm and soothing as it ran over my body. It made me feel human again. I cleared the mirror over the sink and gazed at my reflection. I groaned, Me "I am never drinking again." I recited this over and over again as I got dressed. 'I am never drinking again, I am never drinking again.'

It was almost one in the afternoon and Shannon was sat in his chair, reading. Me "Hey." S "Hey, how are you feeling? I checked on you a few times, but you were asleep" I sat on the couch and sighed. Me "Not great, but nothing coffee and a new head won't fix." He got up and kissed me my forehead. I leaned into the kiss and closed my eyes. Me "Mmm that's feels good." S "You want something to eat too?" I held my stomach. Me "Maybe later." He brushed the hair back from my face and stroked my cheek. S "You lay down and I'll get you some coffee." I did as I was told and sunk my body down into the couch.

Just the smell of the coffee made me feel like a new woman and by the time I'd finished it, I was starving. Shannon made me some toast and continued to dote on me for the rest of the afternoon. S "So are we gonna talk about last night?" I looked at him sheepishly. I knew this was too good to be true, he was angry at me because I came home late...and drunk, I knew it. Me "I...err...I'm sorry I was so late, I didn't mean to be. I was leaving about midnight, then Becca bought us these cocktails called 'El Diablo' and... everything gets fuzzy after that."

Shannon laughed, S "I'm not worried about that. I'm talking about when you got home...in the bathroom" I looked at him blankly and searched my brain for any memory of what happened. I remembered getting sick. Me "Oh God, I didn't throw up on you did I?" He smiled S "No, you didn't." He looked at me again, searching my face. S "You really don't remember do you?" I started to get worried. Me "What happened Shannon? What did I do?" He took a deep breath, then gave me a smile that seemed forced and patted my knee. S "Nothing baby, don't worry. You just tried to jump my bones that's all." I laughed at his answer, but could tell there was something more. I decided not to push the subject and instead snuggled up with him on the sofa and fell asleep.