Part twenty four

Shannon's p.o.v

I couldn't believe she had the nerve to pretend like nothing happened. How could she do this to me? I thought we had something, obviously I was wrong. I just wanted to hit something...or someone.

Tomo was looking at his phone. T "Shan...I think you'd better read this." Me "If it's a message from that cheating bitch, then I don't want to know." Tomo shoved his phone into my hand. T "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND READ IT SHANNON!" Tomo hardly ever got angry, so I did as I was told.

It was an article about how happy Ryan and his new fiancee were. Me "I really don't want to read this shit." Tomo scowled at me, T "READ IT!" I carried on. Me "Who the fuck is Elsa?" Tomo shook his head, slowly. T "Keep reading." The story explained how Ryan had gotten engaged to his long term girlfriend Elsa a few days earlier. What? The whole proposal was organised with the help of his good friend and costar...Jess. She'd even gone with him to Tiffany's to help pick the ring...FUCK!

I nearly dropped Tomo's phone. What had I done? If I'd just trusted her to begin with. T "I think someone deserves an apology, don't you?" I just nodded, I was too stunned to speak. T "...and you'd better grovel." He gave me some privacy, whilst I gathered up my courage to call Jess.

The longer the phone rang, the more nervous I became. Why didn't I listen to her? What if she didn't forgive me? I couldn't bare to think of my life without her. Eventually she answered. J "Hello?" Her voice was quiet, I could tell she was still crying. I'd made her cry. Me "I wasn't sure you were going to pick up" I said softly. She sniffed, J "Neither was I." Me "I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you Jess, I should have trusted you." J "Yes, you should have."

Me "When I saw you two together, I just got so jealous. I'm sorry." I could hear her fighting back the tears, trying to speak. J "It's not all your fault Shan. I know it looked bad, out of context. But I would never hurt you like that. I can't believe you thought I could." Me "Jess, I'm so sorry." J "So am I." She gasped for air. J "All this...it's made me think. This isn't working Shannon...I think we should just end things now." What? NO!

Me "Jess...please...we can get through this..." Her voice was trembling, the tears were flowing again. J "I'm sorry. Goodbye Shannon." Me "JESS...WAIT...I LOVE YOU!" But she was already gone.

I tried calling her, but it went straight to voice mail. This couldn't be the end. I couldn't...I wouldn't lose her. I had to do everything in my power to get her back.