Part thirty one

Jared's p.o.v

I can honestly say I'd never seen my brother so happy. Jess was like a breath of fresh air. I knew he really liked this girl, but I admit I was surprised when he insisted she stay with him while in L.A. He even invited me and mom over to dinner, so he could introduce her to Jess. My brother never does that. Mom has met some of Shannon's girlfriends in the past, but it'd always been her suggestion. Mom and Jess became friends immediately and were always going out to lunch or shopping. Shannon even joked that he was having to share her.

Shannon and Jess seemed like they've been together for years, they were so comfortable around each other. They weren't shy with the pda's either, I had to tell them more than once to get a room. We were leaving for South Africa in a few days and I knew Shannon wasn't looking forward to leaving Jess again. He wanted her to come, but she started rehearsals the week before and couldn't leave. We were only going for a 2 weeks, so it wasn't so bad.

We were busy going over a few last minute travel arrangements at my place. Tomo and Emma were checking flight details, while Shannon and I were discussing the venues. Me "I can't wait for these next shows, I want to do something special." I look up and Shannon was staring out the window, not listening to a word I said. Me "Earth to Shannon, come in Shannon." He looked at me, S "Sorry...what?" Me "Have you heard a word I've said?" S "Yeah South Africa, it'll be great." I put my hand on his shoulder and lowered my voice so the others couldn't hear. Me "Are you OK bro? You've been distracted all afternoon."

He lets out a heavy sigh. S "It's Jess...I'm worried about leaving her." I let out a little laugh. Me "She'll be fine Shan, she's a big girl and I'm sure she can take care of herself." He looked worried. S "It's not that...well not just that. She's been acting wierd the last few days." Me "What do you mean...wierd?" S "She's been secretive and there's been these phone calls." Me "Phone calls?" S "Yeah, her phone rings and she takes it in another room. Or I walk in on her talking and she hangs up." He put his head in his hands. S 'I think she's cheating on me." I sat back in shock. Me "I don't believe that for a second! I've seen you two together, she'd never do that to you." He ran his fingers through his hair. S "I know...it's just...somethings going on, I know it is." Me "Have you talked to her about this?" He shook his head, S "No. I mean, what if I'm wrong? We've been through this before, me not trusting her. I don't want to mess things up."

I sighed. Me "I think you need to go home and speak to Jess. If you go away with this playing on your mind, it'll drive you crazy." S "I guess you're right. Do you mind if I go now?" I shook my head, Me "The sooner the better bro. Just...call me later, OK?" S "I will." I watched him leave with the weight of the world on his shoulders.