Part twelve

Jess's p.o.v

Emma "Look at the queue, we'll never get in!" she pointed to all the people stood waiting to get into the club. Jared "O really? Well we shall see." He walked up to the doorman and started talking. Jamie "He'll get us in, he can charm anyone". T "I don't know, it doesn't look like he's having much success." We looked over at Jared who was trying his best to get us in, but it wasn't happening.

He walked back over to us looking unhappy. T "No luck?" Jared "Nope, that guy ain't gonna budge. Tried to slip him a twenty but he wasn't interested." Me "Care to let a lady try?" J "Lady? Really?" he laughed and I swatted at his chest. Me "Cheeky!" J "Well you can try but..." I walked over to the bouncer and greeted him with a hug. Me "Hey Dom!" D "Hey Jess!" Jared looked on with amusement. "I've got company tonight". D "That American guy with you?" me "Yeah, sorry about him". D "No worries Jess, any friend of yours..." Dom lifted the rope and I beckoned the others over. J "I'm impressed" me "Did I mention I was a regular?". I smiled sweetly and and he laughed. Tomo "Guys, come on!" Jared grabbed my hand and we walked inside. Shannon followed us in...slowly.

We were seated in the VIP section by the hostess. As the others sat down and ordered drinks, I gave her a huge hug. Me "Thanks babe! Can you make sure all drinks are on my tab." She smiled, R "Sure Jess, I'll let the bar know. Hey, who's the guy with the killer blues?" She nodded towards Jared. Me "That's Jared, I think he's single if you're interested." She laughed, R "You may have to put in a good word for me." she winked. Me "Everyone this is Rosa, my friend and flatmate." She smiled. S "You found your keys ok then?" R "Yeah, thanks to this one." She gave me a squeeze, R "Don't know what I'm gonna do when she goes back home!" I gave her another hug. R "Maybe I should just marry you so you can't leave me!" She winked and we giggled. R "Anyway I better get back to work. Enjoy your night". They all smiled and thanked her.

The only empty seat was next to Jared, I sat down and he leaned in close to me. J "You really are a regular huh?" I smiled and put my hand on his arm. Me "It helps when you know the owner. My friend Jo, who owns Midnight, owns this place too." J "Friends in high places." Me "You could say that." As the waitress brought our drinks I looked over at Shannon who was sat opposite me...he didn't look happy.