Part twenty eight

Jess's p.o.v

For the next 2 days Shannon and I barely left each other's side. Laughing, making love and talking seriously about us. Shannon made sure to feed me up and having him back, I found my appetite had returned (partly because of all the calories we were burning in the bedroom...and the living room...and the kitchen...and the shower...)

Shannon had to return to Europe for the tour, but they had a break coming up and promised he'd be back for opening night. Sure enough, opening night came and Shannon was sat in the front row, along with Jared, Tomo and Vicky.

Shannon and I continued to see each other as often as possible and talked every day. When my time in the play was over, Shannon and the guys were due to finish the hugely successful US leg of their tour. They had a few weeks off before their final shows of the year and I was due to start filming a movie in LA in a month. I packed up my New York apartment and headed out to the City of Angels.

I'd not been in LA for almost a year and didn't have a house set up yet so Shannon insisted I stay with him. I arrived the day before the guys were due back and let myself into Shannon's home. I was blown away...it was pure Shannon. From the elaborate coffee maker in the kitchen to the skulls on the shelves and shark picture above his bed.

I walked through his walk in closet, stroking his clothes and enjoying his scent that lingered throughout. I noticed the space he'd cleared for me and couldn't help thinking what a big deal this was, considering how many clothes he had.

After unpacking, I decided to make myself a coffee using the hitech, futuristic looking coffee maker. It took me 20 minutes to get it to work, but it was one of the best cups of coffee I'd ever had. I settled down in what looked like Shannon's favourite chair and started looking over my script.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I was awoken by my cheek being gently caressed and soft lips on my forehead. S "Hey there Sleeping Beauty". I smiled. Me "Shannon, you're here." He stroked my hair from my face. S "Jared knew how badly I wanted to get back, so he arranged for me to come on ahead." I yawned and tried to sit up. S "Come on baby." He scooped me into his arms and carried me into the bedroom.

He laid me down on the bed and slowly undressed me. I'd been dreaming of his touch, but jet lag was getting the better of me. Shannon could see how tired I was and laid down next to me, pulling me into his arms. S "Shh, it's ok baby. We've got plenty of time. Rest." He kissed me gently and lay my head on his chest. We both fell into a peaceful sleep.