Chapter 39

ZAYN'S POV

We all stood there staring dumbstruck. Suddenly I felt Emily's weight on me so I softly held her. She had fainted. We all quickly rushed her to the hospital. All the while until we reached the hospital I was holding Emily in my arms.

I stared at her for a while. This girl right in my arms was going through all that I was supposed to go through together. She never once complained about the life she had. The condition she was in right now, so bruised, bleeding and barely breathing was all because of me. Only if I hadn't lost my memories I would have been with her right now and Simon's chapter would have been over years back.

I deeply sighed and held Emily closer. I didn't bother that her blood had made my t-shirt completely red all I wanted was to be with her, every second, every moment. I couldn't help ignoring the pull I felt towards her every time I looked at her.

She was the strongest woman I had ever seen. Going through torture, she still stood against her enemy and knocked him down. I couldn't help but feel proud of her.
I leaned in slowly and softly placed a kiss on her forehead, "I promise you, Emily. I'm never ever leaving you again. I will be holding you always and forever until our last breath."

I kept staring at her lost until I realised that I am in love with her.

*****************************************

We had finally reached the hospital. Sarah and the boys along with RJ were already there. Emily was immediately taken into the surgery room. We all stood there waiting for a response from the doctor. In the meantime, John was filling out the hospital formalities form so I walked up to him.

"Is Simon and Jordan alive?" I asked him. He looked at me for a brief moment then turned to continue what he was doing.

"Simon is still alive. Emily made sure of that but Jordan is dead," he answered.

I nodded and then looked at RJ who had gone in some other direction in the hospital.

"Where is he going?" I asked John still looking at RJ.

John looked up and frowned a bit. "To see Simon I guess," he answered not quite sure tho.

I just nodded again. Niall, Harry, Liam & Louis came up to me and talked for a while and got me some coffee but I denied it. I wasn't ready to drink or eat anything until I was sure Emily was fine.

It nearly took two hours for the doctors to come out of the surgery room. Sarah came out last so we quickly rushed to her. John looked at her and asked just one thing, "Did they-"

Sarah sighed and smiled small, "No. She is fine. Nothing that you thought has happened. It's just..." She stopped in between.

"Just what?" I asked eagerly, too worried.

Sarah took a deep breath. "Emily was tortured, Extremely. Not just with knives and belts but with-" she hesitated for a moment but John gave her a sign to continue. "With bats, burnt iron rods and cigarettes."

Tears started to fill up in my eyes so I blinked them away.

"She was stabbed in her stomach a few times and it made her womb weak. There are very less chances of her ever becoming a mom and even if she does get pregnant there's no assurity that the baby will make it or not," Sarah gave a sad smile.

"She is unconscious now. Once she wakes up y'll can see her," she said.

I couldn't help the urge to meet her. "Can I see her now?" I asked softly.

Everyone looked at me for a brief moment but then Sarah nodded.

I thanked her and slowly walked into the room Emily was moved to.