Chapter 40

I woke up to an empty bed. Emily wasn't there and it got me so worried. I quickly got down and looked around, she wasn't in the room. I checked the bathroom hoping she would be there but she wasn't. I started to panic thinking Simon might have done something to her.

I quickly went to the door to go search for her that's when a nurse came in with Emily in a wheelchair. I literally breathed out the breath I don't know I was holding for so long. I quickly kneeled to her.

"Where the hell did you go?" I asked a bit angry.
"Umm.. Checkup," she answered softly.

I helped her up and made her lay down. The nurse attached the glucose again and checked Emily then walked out.

I waited for the nurse to go away a few steps so she won't hear us. I turned to Emily after a few minutes.

"Do you know how much scared I was when I couldn't find you around," I said angry and a bit hurt I guess?

"I'm sorry. I was awake when the nurse came and you were sleeping and you looked so cute. I didn't want to wake you up. So I asked the nurse to take me to the checkup. Sorry," she said like a baby trying to convince someone who is angry, and well that worked. I wasn't angry anymore but I was scared.

"Emily it's fine. I was just worried thinking something bad might have happened," I said softly looking down.

"Aww, you need not worry. I'm all good and nothing will happen to me trust me. The doctor says I'm healing faster than normal and that's good and I will be out in like 2-3 days," she said happily.

I smiled seeing her smile but deep down I was upset. I knew that I had to leave soon now, that meant morning and nights without Emily. I didn't want that. I had gotten so used to her that it was difficult to stay away from her anymore.

I was bought out of my thoughts by Emily's voice.
"Zayn... You alright?" She asked.
I just nodded. "I will take a bath. What about you?" I asked her.
"Umm," she was lost in thoughts and was biting her lower lip and damn that made her look sexy. I couldn't help but stare at her.
"Can you get some good big wet wipes?" She asked. I just nodded.
She clapped her hands. "Good. Now go, go get them," she said.

I nodded and got up and went to get wet wipes. I came back to her and now she was just in a cloth wrapped around her breast and in shorts. There were stitches on her stomach and some on her chest. I frowned
How did she manage to change on her own?

That's when I saw there was a nurse. Emily looked at me and smiled small. The nurse was giving me looks so I blinked, confused.

"Tell him how to do it he will," Emily told the nurse, who looked at Emily for a moment but then nodded.

The nurse turned to me and told me that I should make sure I don't touch the stitches and I shouldn't be harsh. Of course, I knew this, I myself have done this many times when at the hotels. I slowly walked to Emily once the nurse had left.

"Sorry but I don't like it when someone unknown touches me and the others aren't going to be here until an hour. Sorry for the trouble," she said.

I smiled. "It's fine. I'm happy to help." I said smiling.

I quickly took a wet wipe and it was a bit bigger than the usual ones and slowly held her hand and carefully wiped it.

"Let me know if it hurts," I told her. I didn't wanna hurt her more than she already was.
"Hmm," she responded.

I quickly wiped both her hands and stomach. I slowly moved down to wipe her legs. All this time I could feel Emily's gaze on me. I quickly wiped her legs and then moved close to wipe her face. She made that scrunched face again making me smile at her cuteness. I carefully wiped her neck and then her chest. I looked up at Emily and saw her biting her lower lip again making me stare at her.