Chapter 42

EMILY'S POV

I woke up when I felt the sun's rays fall on my face. I looked around and Zayn wasn't there so I slowly sat up and took my phone to see the timing, it was 10:00 am.

I sighed. This was the first time ever I had slept for so long. I knew there won't be breakfast now since it was past breakfast time. So I slowly got up and walked to the bathroom for a shower.

I walked out of the shower in a bathrobe after half an hour. My bandages were wet. I walked to my dressing room to get my clothes that's when there was a knock on the door.

I walked to the door and opened it to see Zayn standing there, smiling, holding a tray that probably had food. I moved aside so he could get in.

"Morning sunshine," he said smiling while walking in.
"Morning Zayn," I smiled small.
He kept the tray down on the table.
"Emily," he said and walked to the cupboard and took out some clothes.
"Here, Wear them." I took the clothes and nodded and went and wore them.

I walked out of my dressing room and saw Zayn setting up the breakfast table, the moment he saw me he smiled. I smiled back.

"Come have a seat," he said while pulling out my chair. I went and sat down slowly. Zayn went and sat opposite me and served me some warm soup.

"You can only drink soup cause of your stomach, sorry," he said looking apologetic.
I smiled. "It's fine Zayn," I said and drank my soup.

***********************************************************************

It's almost late evening and I still couldn't find what that little bottle my parents were hiding has. I tried every formula and did all kinds of tests, but still, I couldn't get the results. Frustrated, I left the lab and headed to my room.

Zayn had to go back to the hotel cause the management was furious now. He tried all he could to stay but in the end, he had to go. I kinda felt relieved about that 'cause now I didn't have to fake it in front of him. He warned John and Daniel though, before leaving, to look after me. They did try a few times to force me to rest and eat but me being me, didn't agree and hence they were forced to go on with their work.

I reached my room and quickly got into the bathroom. I started to fill the bathtub and got naked, staring at my body which was covered in bandages. I had found a cream that healed quicker than other creams and did show good results. My other wounds had quite healed and my stomach one was healing slowly.

Looking at the wound reminded me of Zayn's words.

I can't become a mom ever. It hurts so much as if someone is stabbing my heart many times. It's every girl's wish to become a mom, having a little one who would call you Mom and with that very thing being made hard and impossible for me, it hurts. Even though I tried to ignore that pain, I couldn't, it's stuck deep down, in my heart.

Sometimes I feel it's good though, 'cause that means I won't have to be worried about my little baby getting hurt because of my profession. It gives relief at times that I wouldn't be risking a precious little life.

I got out of my thoughts with the sound of the water filling the bathtub. I turned it off and slowly got in. It felt so relaxing. I closed my eyes and let all my thoughts wash off my brain.

After getting out in a bathrobe I applied the cream and did my stomach bandage again. I went and sat on my bed, the food was already there with the pills, probably John kept it. I smiled and took out the report files that were sent to me from some of my other lab friends who were working in other countries and had also done a test on that liquid inside of the bottle.