Chapter 5

Emily's POV:

My HOD texted me, "He's alive!" I stared at the message for ages and was so happy to hear that Zayn was still around. When I first saw him at the One Direction concert, I had all these emotions going on inside me. 

 After that, I kept an eye on him and made sure he was safe. But when I saw him at the Meet and Greet, I thought he might remember me, but he didn't. That meant he'd forgotten about me, his real folks, and his previous life.I did some digging and found out that he'd forgotten everything. This freaked me out even more. 

I had a new mission - to keep Zayn safe from anyone who wanted to harm him. No matter what, I had to keep him out of harm's way.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the bed's headboard. Suddenly, I saw Zayn's face in my mind's eye. He looked even hotter than before, and his golden eyes made me go weak in the knees. Whenever he smiled, it would just light up my day. 

 Today, I saw him on the street, and he looked confused and angry. I wanted to run to him, give him a big hug and tell him everything, but I decided to wait for the right time. I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me.  

Zayn was standing there, and I could tell he was about to confront me by the way he moved. But I didn't feel ready for this. My heart was beating so fast like it was about to jump out of my chest. It was the first time in years that something like this had happened to me. 

Just as he was about to move towards me, someone from a car called out to him, and he turned to answer. I took it as my chance to flee. I smiled to myself, thinking about Zayn's face.

I could hear soft footsteps approaching the door, and I soon realized it was John and Daniel. 

When they came closer to me, I asked them with my eyes closed, "Are you testing me or something?" 

John replied, "Sort of, yeah." I opened my eyes and gave him a questioning look.

John's skin was beautifully tanned. His eyes were the green of fresh dew glinting in the sunlight off a leaf of green emerald. His lips were pale and thin and his nose slender and rounded. A prominent jaw curved gracefully around. His hair was brown and a little bit messed up which explained he was playing with them.

Daniel playfully teased me, "Hey, you're so caught up in Zayn that I thought you might have forgotten about all your awesome skills and training!" We both chuckled, knowing that my infatuation with Zayn was a bit over the top

Daniel playfully teased me, "Hey, you're so caught up in Zayn that I thought you might have forgotten about all your awesome skills and training!" We both chuckled, knowing that my infatuation with Zayn was a bit over the top. Daniel was one of my closest buddies, and he and John were practically like family to me.

Daniel had smooth flawless skin, which was like a sheet of well done cloth. His eyes were a mesmerising deep green, flecks of silvery light appeared throughout. He had high-bridged nose. His soft sharp lips were very attractive and captivating. All of this was framed by his dark chocolate curls.

"Seriously, Em, you're stressing way too much over Zayn," John said, looking concerned

"Seriously, Em, you're stressing way too much over Zayn," John said, looking concerned. "It's making us all worry about you." 

 I smiled sheepishly. I knew I was putting too much pressure on myself and causing my friends to worry. 

 "I'm sorry, guys. I know I'm making you work harder and use more energy than you need to," I said, feeling a little embarrassed about it. 

 John gave me a light tap on the head. "Don't worry about it, Em. We're here for you and want to help. Just try not to stress too much, okay?" he said, his tone friendly and reassuring.

"I looked at him with a blank expression and raised an eyebrow. 'What will you do?' I asked. 

 He looked back at me, also with a blank expression, before saying, 'Kill you!' 

I burst out laughing, and soon Daniel joined in. 'Come on, John,' I said, still chuckling. 'You think about hitting me a hundred times before actually doing it, and now you're saying you'll kill me?' 

John smiled in response."

"I stopped laughing and looked at my friends. "Guys, I found Zayn after many years, and he's safe and sound. But now that I know his life is in danger, I can't just let him go. I still have feelings for him, even though he doesn't feel the same way about me. My new mission is to keep him safe until he remembers his past and is strong enough to protect himself and his loved ones. Once I make sure he's safe, I'll go back to doing what I was doing before." 

 I looked at Daniel and John, and they seemed convinced. "Now, my baby, go and sleep," I said to John, pulling his cheeks. Daniel chuckled. 

 John was my best friend and older than me by one year. He knew all my secrets. Daniel and I were the same age, both 20."

John and Daniel smiled and turned to leave, suddenly John stopped and turned back to me.

"Emily, if Zayn remembers his past, then he has to join us, right?" John asked. 

 I took a moment to consider before replying, "It's entirely up to him. If he chooses to join us, he can, but if he prefers to continue with what he's doing, that's also fine." John nodded in understanding, and he and Daniel bid their farewells before leaving. 

 I returned to my bed, picked up my favourite book, and began reading.

A/N: Done with this chapter. Hope you'll liked it and hope it was interesting. I think by now most of you'll have got a hint about who Emily is, if not then don't worry. Stay tuned to know who she actually is. Their will be more twists in the upcoming chapters.
And as always sorry for the grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. Make sure to vote. :)
Love you xoxo :*