Chapter 9

Emily's POV

I could read everyone's faces, all the boys were shocked including John and Daniel. I could see Zayn was completely confused, he had many questions running in his mind.

While I studied everyone's expression, Zayn spoke, "Why me Emily? What have they got to do with me? And why did they attack you?"

I took a deep breath and smiled at him, "Zayn it's a very long story. I don't know from where to start," I said confused but the truth was I wasn't sure if he could handle it or not.

Zayn and the rest of the boys looked at me. John placed his hand on my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

I smiled at him and turned my attention back to Zayn, "Zayn, I know whatever I'm going to say is gonna be something unexpected and hard to comprehend but just hear me out and no I'm making it up at all."

"What do you mean?" Zayn questioned confused and a little worried.

 I took a deep breath and continued, " Zayn you are not Zayn Javadd Malik." I took a pause and looked at his face, it was blank without any mimics.

"Zayn, you are Zayn Ethan Stanley. You belong to the Stanley family and you are the son of Mr. Ethan and Mrs. Sofie Stanley, who were your real parents and were once the top spies of our agency alongside my parents, Laura and David Smith."

I looked at Zayn for a moment, he was shocked as well as the rest of the boys.

"What the hell are you saying, Emily? Don't make stories okay. You can't just come up with any bullshit just cause we are trusting you. What proof do you have?" asked Louis completely pissed.

"I can understand your reaction, Louis, I do feel the same I wish I had some proof right now, but unfortunately I don't. Zayn is adopted by Mr and Mrs Malik. And even I discovered this out a month ago." I said.

I got up from the bed and walked to Zayn, "I can't even begin to apprehend how difficult this must be for you but you need to trust me. I don't know how I am going to explain these things to you. I said looking him in the eye. I know how difficult it must be for him knowing his entire life has been a lie. I can only wonder what he must be feeling right now.

"How is this even possible? How do you know all this?" He questioned me staring at me with glassy eyes.

I slowly sat opposite him on the bed again and continued, "Our parents were best friends and the top agents of our agency. We were trained from a young age to be their successors. We were brought up together and trained to be the best, but life had different plans. A tragedy took place, and we went our separate ways." By now, tears were rolling down my cheeks as I remembered what had happened. 

John was beside me and was trying to comfort me. I could see Zayn was speechless, the rest of the boys were staring at me.

"Emily it's all just so much for me, and I can't trust you 'cause I don't know you," said Zayn with a confused face.

"I know Zayn. But I don't have any other way to explain this." I said.

"I have a question," Liam said, causing everyone to look at him. "If you say Zayn belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Stanley, where are they? And why didn't they search for Zayn for so long?" 

 "Yeah, and why are you coming now after so many years if you were his childhood friend? And how doesn't Zayn remember you? You know he has a very good memory. He won't simply forget anyone, and we are talking about childhood friends here," Harry added. 

 I fell silent for some time as the memories of my past flashed through my mind. The whole scenario was in front of my eyes, clear as crystal.

"They are-," I was cut down by my mobile phone ringing. I picked it up and saw it was RJ calling, I quickly answered it. I nodded hearing what he said and ended the call. I turned to John and Daniel, "Get ready we are leaving."

John asked, "What's the matter?"

"I will tell you on the way," I said sliding my daggers into my long boots and sliding the gun in the weapon holder which was around my waist.

I turned to Zayn, "I'm sorry but I need to leave it's urgent and currently I'm on a mission," I said.

Zayn's expression immediately softened and he looked concerned, "But Emily aren't you injured, you need to rest," he said looking deep into my eyes.

"Zayn I can't I have been experiencing these things for the past 10 years now and I'm used to working with injuries. I sometimes feel working with injuries cures them quickly," I said chuckling to which Zayn smiled.

"Okay. But can you come back here later to rest or else it better you get admitted to the hospital as Sarah said," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Sarah asked me to get admitted?" I looked at John who just nodded and smiled. "Strange," I added with a confused face.

"But you didn't tell us what happened," Louis said.

"I will come back and tell," I smiled at him and said.

Daniel, John and I said our goodbyes to the boys and walked to the door. As I was about to leave Zayn stopped me, "Emily."

I turned to him, "Yes Zayn," I said.

He handed me a key, "This is the key for this suite. If you wanna come here to rest you can come anytime. Okay?" he said concern was seen clear in his eyes. I can't understand how a man who right now was sceptical about trusting me and my story is now willing to compromise his safety just so I can get some rest. He surely did have a golden heart.

I smiled softly politely denying him, "Zayn thanks, but me being here isn't safe for y'll. And don't worry even if I need to come here and rest, I can just break in," I said with a wink.

Zayn smiled and seemed convinced, "Okay Emily if you say." he said with a smile and said goodbye and we left.

As we entered the elevator, I hugged John tightly. He understood what I was feeling so he hugged me back and stroked my hair, tears were rolling down from my eyes making my cheeks wet, "It was difficult," I said while weeping.

"We know Emily, please don't cry," John said while trying to comfort me.

I nodded and wiped my tears. We walked out of the elevator and went to the car. I went and sat in the passenger's seat, John in the driver's seat, Daniel went and sat at the back.

"Where are we heading to?" John asked.

"HQ," I said.

"But you said it was related to mission," Daniel added.

"Yeah just to avoid further questions. RJ wants to see us now so we need to obey." I said. John nodded and drove off to the HQ.

A/N: Hope you'll enjoyed this chapter. I know it's not that lengthy and interesting, but my mind's ain't working now. I just wanna inform you'll I won't be able to post for the next few days because i have my exams and i need to study :(
I will try to post as soon as possible. Until then stay safe and happy. See you'll soon.
Sorry for any errors.
Love you xoxo :)