Chapter 4

On the drive back to Bucky's hotel room he couldn't stop smiling to himself. He didn't know why he wanted her so much, she wasn't exactly the typical girl he would go for, But there was something about her that he just couldn't get off his mind.

If he was really going to go through with this, following his feelings, then he would have to tell Amelia the truth. The truth about why he was really in England, and why he always wears gloves. The thought of telling her this and exposing himself sent shivers down his spine.

_

Amelia was rushing round trying get the recipe for lasagne right, as well as trying to tidy her apartment and finding something nice to wear, all before Bucky arrived. She hopped in the shower to freshen up. She propped her wavy hazelnut hair up in a messy bun, as she had washed it that morning, and didn't want to wash it again.
She changed into some joggers and a vest top, not wanting to get her outfit dirty whilst cooking. As she traced her cook book with her finger following the steps, she heard a knock at the door.

"Aw fuck, he's early!" she thought to her self as she rushed to the door, trying to make herself look even slightly presentable wearing stain covered joggers. She scooted alpine out the way to open the door, trying to hide herself behind it.

"Look I know I'm slightly early, I underestimated how quickly I'd get here" Bucky was holding a small bunch of flowers in his hand, so old school. As he stepped through the door, he scanned her up and down admiring how cute she looked in her messy clothes.

"Please ignore what I'm wearing, I didn't realise you'd be this early" She passed a nervous laugh whilst taking the flowers off him and placing them in the sink.  Alpine almost tripped Bucky up as he wandered through her apartment. "Alpine, come on, go over there" She said shewing him away.

Buck giggled softly to himself. Seeing her all flustered like that around him made him feel slightly sorry for her. "Hey, why don't I look after the food while you go get changed? I used to be quite a good chef when I was younger" He took off his long black coat and placed it on the sofa. He was wearing the same outfit as before, but somehow he looked even better in it. Bucky grabbed a hair bobble from his trouser pocket and began to tie his hair in a low bun. The front pieces of his hair didn't quite reach the bun so he tucked them behind his ears.

"Are you sure? I'll only a couple minutes." She said leaning against her bedroom door. He let out a slight nose laugh and nodded, assuring her that he was fine with it.

She curled her hair and put on the outfit on she had laid out earlier. Amelia was wearing a black velvet bralette, covered over with a long sleeved mesh top. She paired this with some black skinny jeans and a belt. Not forgetting some heels to make her seem less short compared to Bucky, who was six foot tall. She looked at herself in her mirror, trying to psych herself up before going back to see Bucky. She wouldn't normally wear this out, but considering they were staying in, she thought it was a perfect opportunity.

She opened her bedroom door and Bucky's eyes instantly locked on to her, absorbing all that she was; All of her beauty. His heart started to race as he took in her figure, trying to hold back the thoughts of what he could do with her. "wow, you clean up nicely, Doll" He said, but this time the 'Doll' was on purpose.

"Thank you" Amelia had a cute smile on her face, which Bucky found adorable. she placed the Lasagne in the oven and poured them both a glass of wine. "Make yourself comfortable" she said as she made her way over to the sofa, Bucky followed her.

She had noticed that he was only wearing a glove on his left hand. "Do you really have bad circulation?" She asked jokingly taking a sip of her drink. He didn't want to lie to her. Bucky felt comfortable with her even though he had only known her for two days.

"No. I don't have bad circulation" He sighed, taking a large sip from the glass. "If I tell you..." He paused and ran his tongue over his lips. "If I tell you, you can't freak out okay?"

Thoughts passed through her head wondering what he could be on about. "Okay..." she waited for him to explain. He loosened each finger of the leather glove and pulled it up, along with rolling his sleeves up to his elbows. This revealed a shimmering jet black metal arm, with various lines of gold wrapped around it. Bucky tensed his metal hand into a fist and then released it, stretching out his fingers.

She was stunned into silence for a few moments, examining it with her eyes, taking in all the details it held. Amelia held her hand out, resting it on her knee, her palm facing upwards. A gesture for him to place his hand in hers. Reluctant at first, he did so. The coldness of it struck her for a second, her hands looked tiny in his. She placed her other hand over his metal fingertips, and curled up his hand around hers, tracing the ridges of gold with her thumb.

His breath became ever so shaky "I um... I was formally known as-"

"The Winter Soldier..." She said over him, looking up into his sad blue eyes.

"H...How did you know?" He stumbled over his words with a lump in his throat, hoping that she wouldn't be scared of him.

"I didn't..." She took a deep breath. "I mean I has my suspicions, but I didn't think too much into it."

Bucky looked at her, slightly frowning his brow as if to question her how, but she answered before he could ask.

"When we first met in the café, and you grabbed my wrist... I saw things. Visions if you'd call them that." She let go of his hand and started to fidget with her fingernails. "I'm pretty sure I saw your past Buck"

Bucky started to shake his head in disbelieve. He thought that if she had seen his past then she wouldn't have agreed to see him again, she would have turned and ran in the other direction. However, in another thought he knew it that it made sense, considering he already had a feeling that something bad had happened to Amelia when he grabbed her. "I don't understand how, but if you did see my past...Then I'm sorry Amelia"

Just thinking about the things she saw made her hairs stand on end. She couldn't imagine Bucky going through all those horrible things she envisioned. Her emotions started to get the best of her. Her amber eyes started to fill with tears, but before Bucky could see her shed a tear, she got up and wiped her cheek.

She walked over to the oven to check on the food, but as she opened the oven door, a cloud of smoke wafted out. Amelia coughed as she pulled the dish out and placed it on the counter. Bucky walked over to seeing the smouldering dish , he stared to laugh, "I thought you said you could cook"

"You must be mistaken, I asked you if you wanted diner... I never said I was a good cook." Amelia joined in laughing, "I don't know about you, but pizza's looking good right about now"