Chapter 5

It was pretty late on in the evening, Amelia and Bucky had been getting to know each other more. After eating pizza and having a couple of bottles of wine, the conversation had gotten pretty deep. Amelia had been telling Bucky about her childhood, about how she had been passed around foster homes, feeling like she never fitted in anywhere. Bucky hadn't really been sharing much about his past, especially knowing that Amelia had seen some of his worst times. "so what was it like... back in the early days?" She questioned him.

He chuckled and smiled slightly "It was...different, to say the least." He told her about how he used to take his dates to see different shows, dragging Steve around most of the time trying to find him a girlfriend. Amelia couldn't imagine Captain America being short and skinny, it really made her laugh.

Alpine had jumped up and cuddled up to Bucky. Amelia found it adorable how much Alpine had taken to him, and how Bucky had been fussing him all night. She didn't take him for a cat person, or a dog person really.

Amelia reached over to the coffee table to get her pack of cigarettes and a lighter, "Do you mind if I just..." she gestured to the balcony.

"No, that's fine, go ahead. I've got this one to keep me company anyway" He petted Alpine on the head, who was sitting on his lap.

Amelia went and sat out on her balcony, looking over the city. She couldn't stop smiling. Of course the one person who had made her happy in years was leaving in two day, it was just her luck. She started to shiver as the temperature had dropped slightly. The door next to her slid open. Bucky was holding her chunky knitted blanked, and their glasses of wine.

"There's only so much company a cat can give" He said softly, sitting down next to her pulling the blanket over them both. They cuddled up together, slowly getting closer to each other. She could sit there for hours, just being in his company under the stars.

He reached his arm around her, pulling her in closer. She nuzzled up to him, listening his heart beating through his chest. They both wanted each other, wanted each others company, each others touch. Amelia looked up at him, admiring his features. His ocean blue eyes, chiselled jawline, his soft lips. He looked down at her, catching her eyes on his. "What?" He smiled sweetly at her.

"Nothing" Amelia said quietly, looking not taking her eyes off him.

"Nothing?" He said after taking a sigh.

"Just... admiring the view" She paused as he leant down towards her more.

"The views over there Doll" Bucky smirked as he looked towards the horizon in the distance. He looked back down to her, locking eyes. He bit his lip slightly. He wanted so badly to have her, to have her as his own. His face was so close to hers that she could feel his breath on her skin. Their lips locked oh so softly. It wasn't sexual, but it was passionate. He moved his hand and placed it on her cheek, moving some of her hair to behind her ear. She moved her body up and sat tightly on his lap, straddling him, not breaking the bond between their lips. She bit his lip gently, pulling back for a breath. He slowly sent kisses from her cheek down to her neck, holding her in place with his hand on her back. Amelia started to breath heavier, moving her hands through the back of his hair. "Bucky..." She moaned softly as his hands lowered. He pulled back and looked into her innocent eyes.

She looked down with embarrassment, "I... I haven't..."

Bucky cupped her face with his hands, stroking her cheek with his thumb and gave her a slight smile. "Its okay Doll, nothing had to happen." He gave her a peck on the cheek and pulled the blanket over them more. "We can just cuddle if that's what you want?"

Amelia sat back next to him, placing her head on his shoulder. After a little while she fell asleep on him. She let out a tiny snore as she adjusted her head. A smile grew on Bucky's face as he thought it was adorable. He picked her up and wrapped her in the blanket, carrying her to her bedroom. He placed her on the bed and tucking her, he placed a kiss on her forehead "sleep tight Doll." he whispered into her ear. She mumbled nonsense back to him before repositioning herself in the bed. Bucky went into the living room, turning her light off and leaving her bedroom door open ajar.