Chapter 30

A few days had gone by and Amelia had heard nothing from Bucky. No one had. Steve had everyone out looking in between missions, trying to find a lead on where he might be, but nothing was coming up. She had been staying at Steve's apartment since that night, sleeping on the couch. She was too paranoid to back to Bucky's apartment, just in case they were waiting for her. Amelia hadn't even been back with Steve or Nat, not even to get some clothes as she had been borrowing off Nat.

"Hey, why don't you come down to the compound with me today?" Nat spoke softly, sitting down next to her, handing her a mug of coffee.

Amelia pondered for a second, her heart rate rising at the thought of leaving the safety of Steve's apartment. "Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm up to it." She sipped her coffee.

"I know you're worried about Bucky but staying here isn't gonna do you any help." Nat gently grabbed Amelia's hand, "and besides, you've got me, so no ones gonna hurt you." She gave a slight chuckle.

Amelia gave a forced smile in response, "I suppose you're right, I should probably get some fresh air." She agreed.

"Plus Loki's still there for now, until we find Barnes... he's been asking about you every day."

"He has?" Amelia questioned, practically forgetting everything that had happened before Bucky got taken, let alone the fact that she was meant to be training with Loki.

"Yeah, he really cares about you, you know..." Nat took a slip of her coffee.

"I suppose... I mean, I guess, in a way, he's technically my family, right?" Amelia had to think for a second, trying to wrap her mind around the fact that she had gods as relatives.

"Yeah, he's like your uncle right? God that's weird." Nat laughed, Amelia joining in, it being the first time she had properly cracked a smile all week.

"Huh... I actually have a family now... like a real one." It occurred to Amelia, it just now hitting her that she'd found her family.

"It's not just Thor and Loki, okay. We're all your family now." Nat smiles warmly, "you're practically like a sister to me anyway." Nat could see that Amelia was getting emotional from all the talk about family, knowing that she was already feeling emotionally fragile.

"Thanks Nat, I really appreciate it, you're like a sister to me too." Amelia hugged her tightly before getting up off the sofa. "I suppose we should head to the compound." She smiled softly, drying her eyes.

-

As she walked up to the compound with Nat, her heart began to race, being out of the apartment and having to face everyone, them knowing what happened to Bucky. Amelia stopped in her tracks before going inside, her chest tightening. "Hey, Amelia, it's okay. You're fine." Nat took both of her hands, trying to comfort her. "What's getting you like this? Huh? No ones gonna hurt you." She confirmed.

"Wha- what if they all think it's my fault he got taken." Amelia's imagination began  to wonder to the worst possibilities.

"No ones gonna think that, okay. And besides, most of them are out on a mission at the moment. It's just Loki and Peter inside. Come one." Nat linked her arm around Amelia's shoulder and encouraged her to go inside.

As Amelia walked into the living room she  noticed Peter trying to do some work, whilst Alpine continued to head-but his arm. "Hey Miss. Stone, didn't think I'd see you here, how are you?"

"Oh god Peter, please don't call me that, it makes me feel like an old teacher." She giggled softly, "and, I'm doing a little better now thanks." She sat down beside him and cradled Alpine like a baby.