Chapter 35

Amelia was shoved into a cold and damp room, the blue hues making her eyes squint. Her small body standing there, her arms crossed over her body, her knees buckling together, her mind still in shock. "Is he really dead?" Her mind traced over the events as the hair on her arms stood on its ends.

"You need to get the blood off you." Murphy's toneless voice came from the doorway as he set a towel on the chair beside him. Amelia didn't react. She could barely hear him over her running thoughts. Murphy clicked his fingers before waving in front of her face, snapping her out of it. "Did you hear me? You need to get this off you."

Amelia shook her head in disbelief as she looked down at herself, her clothes and skin drenched in dried dark blood. "No, no, n-no, this isn't real- he's not gone- he's not, right?" Her puffy eyes peered up to Murphy, as if to get some consolidation.

Murphy walked forward and grabbed her wrists to keep them still, before pushing them down by her sides. "He's dead Amelia. That's just how it is sometimes. Now clean yourself up." He turned her shoulders to face the cold shower wall.

Amelia slowly began to undress herself, being careful not to catch any of her wounds when she took her top off. "Do you have to watch?" Her small voice spoke over her shoulders, as her head looked back to Murphy. She stood in her bra and underwear, her arms clutching her freezing body.

"I can't leave you alone in case you try something." Murphy's stern tone echoed through the tiled room. He sat on the chair by the door, moving the towel onto the back of it.

Amelia's eyes scanned around the patterned tiles on the floor, trying to keep herself calm, "could you at least turn around? I... I don't feel comfortable with you seeing me shower."

Murphy huffed and crossed his arms, "oh I'm sorry that your comfort isn't at the top of my priorities. I can't just close my eyes, but trust me I wish it wasn't me watching, but Rebekah has some other plans to take care of... if you get me." Murphy let out a slight annoyed chuckle.

Amelia gulped before taking a deep breath. She pulled down her bra straps slowly, avoiding the cuts on her arms, unclipping the back she tossed her bra to one side so it wouldn't get wet. She looked back to see Murphy still watching her with a blank face. She closed her eyes as she pulled down her underwear, also tossing them aside. She pressed a metal button on the wall, making cold water trickle out of the shower head. She pressed the button again and water came out more forcefully on to her body, her jolting as piercing drops of water hit her skin.

Amelia stood with her head submerged, her hair covering her face and her arms covering her breasts. Her body stiffened from the numbingly cold water, just letting it cover her body, and washing off the blood. She watched as red streaks formed around the drain before they swirled down it.

"You need to actually wash yourself. That bloods not going to come off that easily." Murphy added, seeing her standing there in a catatonic state. "I'm not gonna give you much longer in here, so I'd hurry up if I were you."

Amelia didn't reply. She tried to keep her breathing under control and her mind quiet. But it was too loud in her head, all her thoughts ganging up on her. She heard the creaking of the chair as Murphy stood up and slowly walked towards her. "Amelia?" His voice still stood stern. "You need to wash yourself." He repeated.

Amelia stayed silent, letting a single empty tear roll down with the water into the drain. She felt completely violated, vulnerable, weak. She felt paralysed by her feelings.

Murphy took a big sigh before taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeves. "Here, just let-" His hand went to touch Amelia's bloody arm before she flinched out the way, almost as if she didn't see him standing there. "I'm not going to hurt you okay. You can't just stay standing like this." Murphy grabbed a rough sponge from on the side. "Just let me help..."