Chapter 23

It had been a week since Amelia was first taken to Asgard. Loki and Bucky had tried visiting her outside the cell, but Amelia couldn't face them. She kept to her self, curled up on the bed, or in the corner of the room. Whenever Bucky had come by, she would mumble vague responses, Loki on the other hand wouldn't get a response. Amelia had closed herself off from the others, her nightmares getting worse the longer she was there. She had been seeing more images of a battle, it never changing, only getting more detailed as she slept.

Thor had gone to visit Amelie alone to see if he could get a reaction from her. As he walked up to the glass he could see her sitting on the floor at the bottom of the bed. "Amelia..."

Amelia looked up softly, her legs still tucked to her chest, her arms over her knees. "What do you want, Thor?" Her voice sounding numb.

Thor lifted his hand up to the glass, it disappearing at his touch. "I've come to a decision." He stepped into the cell, Amelia standing up as he did so, ready to hear what he had to say. "Considering we don't know the extent of your powers, we can't determine anything as of yet." Thor paced the room, flipping mjolnir in his hand. "Loki has convinced me to let you free around Asgard...as long as you agree to let us explore you're power, see what you're capable." He stopped pacing and turned to her, walking up close and looking down at her. He looked like a giant compared to her. "That was I can determine if you're a threat."

Amelia looked up at the god, "so what you're saying is that I'm free to go?" She had a glimmer of hope in her voice as a smile started to form on her face.

"As long as you agree to the terms... yes." He sighed. "I will also assign a guard to be with you at all times, so that I can keep an eye on you."

Amelia took a sigh of relief, "thank you".

-

Bucky was waiting on the balcony, looking over all of Asgard, attached to one of the guest rooms Thor had set up. Amelia had crept in the room, her guard waiting at the door. She quietly tiptoed out towards the balcony, in attempt to surprise him. She snuck up behind him, wrapping her small arms around his waist as he leant over the railing. "Guess who..."

Bucky jumped around in defence, still not being used to being snuck up on. It took his a couple of seconds to adjust back and realise that it was Amelia. When he did so, he gripped his hands onto her hips and spun her round, before kissing her passionately. "Well hello to you too." She chuckled, gazing into his big blue orbs, them almost tearing up.

"Wha- how..." he cupped her face, his hands looking huge in comparison. Bucky took a breath to compose himself, "...are you okay?"

Amelia nestled into his palm, feeling the coldness of the vibranium on her skin. "I will be... now I'm with you." She took Bucky's hand and planted a kiss on it, before keeping it in her hand. He pulled her close, keeping her hips pressed against him, her head against his chest. He left a small kiss on the top of her head as they stood looking over the Asgardian sunset.

Once they had settled down inside, Amelia had overviewed Bucky on the situation that Thor had offered her. Bucky acted cautious as she explained it, worried about Amelia exploring her abilities incase something bad were to happen. "So how long are we staying here... in Asgard I mean."

"I'm not sure, for as long as I need to prove that I'm safe I guess." The cuddled up on the bed, letting the warm breeze flow in from the balcony. "You know you don't have to stay here. You have missions and things you need to do, and wha-" Amelia babbled on before Bucky stopped her by placing his thumb on her bottom lip.

"As long as you're here, I'm staying." His words made her soft, knowing that he cared so much for her. She leaned into him, kissing his lips soft and lovingly.