Chapter 24

Amelia had already been called to train by the time Bucky had woken up. He noticed that she had laid out some clothes for him at the end of the bed, something she had bought when she went shopping with Nat. "Okay, you have got to be kidding me." He laughed to himself, holding the outfit in front of him. His outfit consisted of a black cotton tunic with a black lace to tie it up, leather trousers to match a leather belt and wrist armour.

Amelia and Loki had been working on some more of her combat skills, Loki letting her have a go at attacking some of his projections. Bucky had wandered down to the training area, seeing Amelia and Loki battle. He leaned over the railing and admired her as she spun, throwing her blades. Amelia noticed Bucky staring at her all starry eyed, distracting her away from what Loki was doing. He threw a dagger at her not realising she was preoccupied, it slicing the side of her arm.  "Ah shit! What the fuck Loki!" She yelled gripping her arm.

"Mother of god, I'm so sorry Amelia. I- I didn't realise... Shit!" Loki rushed over to her, making his projections disappear. Bucky ran down the steps, shoving Loki away when he reached her.

"What the fuck Loki, you could have killed her!" Bucky spat shoving Loki, he stumbled back, pulling a blade out, ready to fight him.

"Hey! Stop it, both of you. I'm fine, it's just a flesh wound." Amelia stepped between them, stopping them from going at each other. "See Buck..." she removed her hand from her arm, showing him the cut. "Im fine."

"Don't tell me you're fine, you're bleeding!" He inspected the cut, seeing that it was pretty deep.

"Bucky, I'm fine...woah." She gasped as she could already see the wound healing.

"That's another one of your abilities, perks of being a god, or a Demi-god in your case." Loki smirked, putting his weapon away. "You'll get the hang of it soon... be able to control your abilities. It'll just take some time."

Amelia smiled in response, Bucky still checking over her arm, wiping off some of the blood with his sleeve. "Come on doll, let's get you cleaned up." He grabbed her hand, suggesting they leave.

"Bucky I'm fine, honestly. It's practically healed now." Amelia was unfazed by what had happened. "Besides, I still have some training to do."

"It's fine Princess, we can carry on later, go clean yourself up." Loki insisted, heading to the door. Bucky have Loki a glance as he left.

-

Bucky was washing off Amelia's blood with a cloth, back in their bathroom. The cut had completely healed at this point, leaving a small scar under the washed blood. Amelia could tell that something was off with Bucky, just the way that he was in the training area felt weird. "What's wrong?" She confronted him in a gentle tone.

Bucky soaked the cloth in the sink and rung it out again, "Nothing." He put bluntly, wiping the cloth against her arm, clearing up the last of the blood. He grabbed a towel to dry her arm with. He had avoided eye contact with her since they had got back to their room, hardly saying a word to her.

Amelia put her hand over his, stopping what he was doing, and placed it on her lap. "Bucky..." He continued to stare at the floor, his leg shaking slightly. She took his chin and gently tilted it up to face her, his eyes locking with hers, she could see his saddened look. "Tell me what's wrong... please." She moved a piece of his hair and tucked it behind his ear.

Bucky huffed before moving closer. "Promise me something..."  he stroked her cheek. Amelia nodded, waiting for him to continue. "Promise me you won't let this thing get out of hand?" Amelia didn't expect him to be so worried about what was going on.