Chapter 7

Later that night, they were both on the balcony, Amelia having a smoke and Bucky sipping a warm cup of black coffee. The sky was unbelievably clear, considering they were in the city, they were looking up at the stars, Amelia pointing out some of the constellations. "Okay, so you see those stars over there, the ones that kind of cup around... that's the big dipper. and just over there is Orion's belt." She guided Bucky's hand pointing up at the sky. He found it adorable how nerdy she was getting about the stars. "On a night like this you should be able to see Saturn, but I can't find it." She added. Bucky wasn't paying attention to the sky. The only thing he was interested in at that moment was the cute smile she had when talking about it, her eyes lit up when she was searching for different for constellations to show him.

Bucky took a sip of his drink and put the mug on the table. He rested his head on Amelia's shoulder, she looked down at him with a confused smile. "um... you alright?"

He made a big sigh, "Yeah, I'm good. I guess I'm just taking in everything." He sat up and leant his head back on the railing, looking at Amelia, Admiring her one more time. "Hypothetically speaking, what would you say if I asked you to come back to America with me?" He stared into her widened eyes as he asked the question.

Amelia was shocked, she stumbled over her words trying to find an answer. "Um...I... I mean... Hypothetically..." she knew he wasn't speaking hypothetically, but she couldn't just move to a different country with a guy she had known for three days. "I'd say you'd be crazy..." She added a slight laugh, trying not to sound mean.

Bucky's face dropped, that wasn't the answer he was hoping for. "Yeah, no it was just a stupid thought" He tried laughing it off.

"I mean I'd love to, I really would, but I just can't Bucky. I have commitments, you know. I have my job and Alpine, and I'm wanting to go to university... eventually." She spluttered out, trying not to make him feel any worse.

"I just thought that you know with your visions, that the people I work with could help. I'm worried about you, worried that something will happen when I'm not here to help you." His words took her back slightly.

She could see the concern in his face. He really cared about her, he'd never cared about someone this much so quickly before. They had a connection that he couldn't explain.

"Bucky" Amelia took both of his hands, "I promise you that nothing will happen, okay?" She looked in to his piercing blue eyes. "I'll be fine."

Bucky noticed she was shivering slightly, "You're cold. come on let's head in." He changed the subject, not letting his emotional side take over too much. He grabbed their things and headed inside, Amelia followed shortly behind him. She knew he was worried about her, but she didn't want to push anything as she knew he wasn't good with talking about his feelings.

After Amelia locked the balcony door, she turned around to see that Bucky was putting on his jacket and had gathered his things.

"I uh," He coughed nervously, "I best be going, it's pretty late." He headed for the door. Amelia didn't know what was going on, she stood there looking confused.

"Wait, you're leaving? Just like that?" She grabbed the blanket off the sofa and wrapped it around her, giving her comfort as she was still cold. "D-did I do something wrong?" Amelia stood there, her small body being covered by the blanket. Bucky turned around taking his hand of the door handle. He could see how disappointed and sad she was.

"Doll..." He walked towards her, realising that he had upset her. "You didn't do anything don't worry" He pulled her in for a hug, engulfing her in his arms. He stroked her hair softly as he rested his chin on top of her head. "I'm sorry, I'm just terrible at goodbyes"

She hugged him tighter and huffed, "I can tell"

Bucky pulled away from the hug, still keeping one hand on her back. He moved a piece of hair off her face, and tucked it behind her ear. She did the same to him, keeping her arms around his neck. The link that their eyes had made the world seem timeless.

"I don't want you to leave." Amelia said with a lump in her throat, still trying to smile.

"I know." Bucky said, cupping Amelia's face and stroking her cheek with his thumb. He leant down and gave her a loving kiss. His metal hand on her back pulled her in closer, making their bodies touch. She placed her hands on his chest, moving herself back and stopping the kiss.

"I thought your flight was tomorrow, why don't you spend the night?" Amelia's eyes were slightly teary, holding out for some hope that Bucky would stay longer.

"It is, my flight's at 6am, So I've got to go back to my hotel and pack. Plus I wouldn't want to wake you in the morning."

"Oh..." Amelia looked down at the floor. She didn't realise how much she was going to miss him until that moment. She wanted nothing more than for Bucky to stay with her.

"Hey, look at me" he lifter her chin up. "I don't want to go either but I have to, I can't just abandon my team" He chucked. "They'd be lost with me"

Amelia laughed lightly as a single tear fell. "Fuck, I'm gonna miss you"  She wrapped he arms around his back, burring her head in his chest for the final time.

"This is why I don't like goodbyes" He sniffled slightly, tightly hugging her back, trying to holding back his emotions. He kissed her on her head then let her go, heading to the door. Before shutting it behind him, he looked back at her standing there. "I'll text you, okay."

She nodded back, "Be safe".

"Always" They shared a smile, before he closed the door behind him. As Bucky walked away from her apartment door, he didn't look back, if he did, then he knew he wouldn't end up leaving.