Chapter 27

Amelia and Bucky had said their goodbyes to Thor as they base their way to the bifrost with Steve and Nat, as well as Loki. "I tell you what, I'm gonna miss this place." Amelia chuckled.

"Well you're always welcome to come back, it doesn't have to be under bad circumstances." Thor laughed before leaving them to make their way back home.

Heimdall opened the bifrost and send the five of them back to Midgard, landing back at the Avengers compound. "God, I don't think I'll ever get used to that." She stumbled around slightly getting her balance again, Bucky wrapped his arm around her to help.

"Hey guys! Amelia I heard you're some sort of god, is that true?" An overly excited Peter tan out of the compound, carrying Alpine in his arms.

"Alpine! How do you have him? Oh and yeah" she gave a nervous laugh before Peter passed Alpine to her. "You could say I'm a goddess or something."

"That's so cool! So do you have powers and stuff?!" Peter awed at her. "Mr. Wilson said that we should look after your cat while you were away, he's nice like that."

"That's great Peter thank you for doing that, I hope he wasn't too much trouble." Amelia snuggled Alpine into her cheek. "Loki showed me a few things, I can show you later if you'd like?" Peter nodded excessively as they walked towards the building, Loki following behind, giving Peter a little smile and a wave.

Bucky pulled Steve aside before going inside, "Hey, I need to go back to my apartment to check if it's still there, can you cover for me?" He whispered.

"Sure... you really need to tell her about it, before something happens Buck." Steve insisted.

"I will... just not yet, things are good right now and I don't want to ruin it." Bucky patted him on the back as he jogged over to his bike.

Back inside Amelia was playing around with Alpine, Peter and Loki on the sofa, Loki being fascinated by the little furry creature. "Steve, where's Bucky? He was with you right?" She looked behind him, not being able to see Bucky.

"Oh, yeah, he's just had to grab something for me, he won't be long." Steve itched the back of his head, before quickly rushing off to the hall.

-

Bucky walked up to his apartment door, before noticing that it was open slightly, he peeked through to see his apartment in pieces. "FUCK!" He yelled out. He quickly rushed to the bedroom and pushed the Ben to one side, revealing a floorboard which was sticking out more than the rest. He opened it and took a sigh of relief. The whole held a red book which had a star in the front. Something only him and Steve knew he had.

He pulled out his phone to text Steve to let him know that he'd be a little longer, being that he had to clean up the state that was his apartment, not wanting Amelia to find out about it.

-

About an hour had gone by and Amelia had heard nothing from Bucky. She knocked on Steve's door, "It's open" she shouted from the other side.

"Has Bucky texted you?" She had a hint of worry in her voice.

"Yeah he said he'd be a bit longer, he couldn't fine my um..." Steve stuttered.

"You're a shit liar Steve, what's he really doing?" She became more worried.

"Nothing honestly..." Amelia gave him a stare that could kill. "I swear!" He held his hands up in defence.

Amelia sat on his bed, biting her fingernails. "Can you take me back to the apartment please?" He voice quietened. She looked up as Steve, knowing full well that something was going on that she didn't know about.