Chapter 21

Bucky didn't get a minute of sleep the entire night, he was too busy thinking about the people who had robbed Amelia. He tried to place his mind back, trying to remember if it could have been anyone from his past. His mind was blank. Amelia however slept right through the night, cuddled up in Bucky's arms, laying on his lap. He watched over her through the night, making sure she was okay.

Bucky stroked his vibranium fingers through Amelia's hair and gave her forehead a kiss, waking her up. "Good morning beautiful." He said softly.

Amelia blushed before remembering the state of her face and hands. "Don't call me that" she closed her eyes and rested her head on Bucky's shoulder.

"Why? I'm not lying." He placed his palm on her cheek, making sure she faced him when he said it.

"Really? Look at my face..." she gestured to where the grazes were. Bucky took her hand and started to unwrap her bandage. "What... what are you doing?"

He continued to unwrap it. "Look at your hands." Bucky scrunched up the bandage and chucked it over to the bin.

"Buck, please I don't want to." She looked away.

He looked deep in to her eyes lovingly. "Amelia please." He brought her hands up to eye level. "Look. They've healed... and so has your face." He became concerned yet thankful that Amelia had healed so quickly.

"I- I don't understand." Amelia stuttered, astonished at the now smooth skin. "How is that even possible? I don't remember doing it."

"I don't know, but I know someone who might be able to help." Amelia shied away from him slightly. "If you want to that is, there's no pressure."

Amelia thought about it for a minute before answering. "No, I think you're right." She signed, "We should find out what's going on with me." She leaned into him, kissing his lips lovingly, before getting up.

Whilst Amelia was getting ready in the bathroom, Bucky pulled out his phone and rung Steve. "Hey Buck, everything okay?" Steve questioned from the other side of the line.

"Hey, I should be asking you that." Bucky chuckled. "Look Steve, I need you to get Bruce to the lab today." Bucky chewed his fingernails as he spoke.

"I haven't really spoken to Bruce in a while. Why don't you ask Tony go get him set up?" Bucky could hear some small chatter from Nat in the background.

"You know why." He barked down the phone.

"You know Tony's forgiven you for what happened. I don't understand why you two won't talk."

"He says he's forgiven me, but I know he hasn't...I know I wouldn't. And besides, after what happened at the party I don't think we're really on speaking terms right now." Bucky could hear that Amelia was nearly done in the shower.

"Okay fine Buck, I'll see what I can do." Steve said. Bucky could tell that he was distracted by Nat.

"Steve I've gotta go in a minute so you have to listen to me." Bucky became serious, changing the subject. He waited for Steve's reply but there was silence. "Steve!" He yelled in a hushed tone.

"What? Sorry, I'm listening." Him and Nat giggled.

"This is serious Steve. They know who she is. They went to her apartment looking for it. They fucking beat her up." Bucky tried to be quiet.

Steve realised how serious the situation had become, changing his tone "...fuck"

"Yeah..." Bucky heard the bathroom door open. "I've gotta go, I'll speak to you later." Bucky quickly hung up the phone and scooted over to the kitchen counter. He started to make some breakfast for them both. "Is that my sweatshirt?" Bucky smiled, seeing her wearing a dark green pleated skirt paired with his sweatshirt, it practically drowning Amelia.