Chapter 6

- (TW: SCARS)

The sun was peering in through Amelia's window, the sun landing on her face. She groaned pulling the covers over her head. Her head was pounding, she must have dunk a little too much the night before. She poked her head back up, as she surfaced she noticed she was still wearing last nights clothes. She couldn't remember getting into bed, but she thought to her self that she must have just been too tired to get changed. Amelia looked over at her phone to see if she mad any messages. As she did so, she noticed that the time was 10:30.

"Crap!" She shot out of bed, frantically trying to get dressed and putting her hair up. She had completely forgotten that she had work at 9am, and must have slept through her alarm. She put on her black pencil skirt and half buttoned up her blouse. As she pinned up her hair, and opened up her bedroom door, she noticed a shirtless Bucky fast asleep on her sofa, Alpine cuddled on his bare chest. What the hell was he still doing there? She didn't think he would actually end up staying the night.

-

After carrying Amelia to bed, Bucky went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer out the fridge. He was conflicted as he didn't want to just leave without saying goodbye, that wasn't his style. But he also didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by staying the night. Alpine had jumped up next to him and starting headbutting his metal arm. "Hey, be careful buddy or you'll get a headache" he chuckled, rubbing Alpine on the head with his other hand. "What do you think I should do?" Bucky took another sip of his beer, Alpine rolled over wanting some attention. "You really like me, huh?" Alpine purred as Bucky chucked again.

-

Her world stopped for a second, remembering what happened the night before. She walked over to him, trying not to wake him up. As her eyes trailed his body, noticing his shoulder; where his metal arm met his skin. His scars were completely exposed to her. Although she had seen what he had been through, Amelia still couldn't compare the pain that he must have felt during those times.

She sat down on the coffee table next to where he was lying, she was so intrigued by the scarred joining he had. She had scars of her own, but nothing compared to his. His scars looked as if he had tried to desperately claw away at his arm, his skin was so rugged where it met the harsh metal. Amelia's eyes wandered further along his chest, noticing smaller scars, combat wounds maybe.

"Please don't..." Bucky said as he caught her looking at his battered body. His voice was raspy and sad, she could tell that she had made him feel uncomfortable by the way she was staring. Amelia looked down, fiddling with her hands, now feeling stupid about herself. Bucky sat up and Alpine jumped off his chest. He took her hands and cupped them with in his. "Sorry, It's just... I don't exactly have the best memories with this." He looked at his arm. Amelia looked up into his mesmerizingly sad eyes, and gave him a comforting smile before realising that she was still late for work.

"Crap, I don't have time for this" She shot up, noticing that Bucky was looking confused at her. "Sorry, I'm late for work, I was meant to start like an hour ago." She buttoned up the rest of her shirt and tucked it into her skirt.

"Just take the day off" Bucky said stretching his arms up, and putting his shirt on.

Amelia practically gave him a death stare, "I don't know what it's like being an Avenger, but here in the real world I actually need to go to my job to earn money."

"Oh, come on, please. One day isn't going to break you, plus you're already over an hour late..." He smirked as he stood up, slowly walking over to her.

"I...I can't Bucky" Amelia stuttered as he got closer to her. He put his hands on her waist, and pulled her in slightly, remembering to be gentle with her.