Chapter 36

After what seemed like hours, Amelia finally managed to settle her mind and get a few minutes of sleep, even if she was sitting up against the wall. Her body jolted as the heavy door opened, the gust of wind putting out the candle on the floor.

Murphy wondered carrying a metal tray and a cup. Amelia adjusted herself as he came closer to her, placing the tray on the bed next to her. "I thought you might like something to eat." He spoke with a blank face.

Amelia scanned around the tray, looking at what she could only assume was some sort of oatmeal. But considering she hadn't eaten in what felt like days, she wasn't going to complain. "Th... thank you Murphy." She looked up shyly at him.

"Don't say my name." His blunt voice hit her like a slab of wood. Why was he being so rude but nice at the same time? Murphy left without making any eye contact with her. She prepared herself to be plunged back into darkness, except a slice of light was peaking through the door. He'd left it open. She slowly stood up, trying not to make a sound, wanting to see what was going on. As she crept over to the door she opened it a crack more, just so she could look into the other room clearer. Her eyes scanned around to see Bucky's empty seat.

Before she knew it, Rebekah had shoved her back into the room, making Amelia fall down on to the floor. "Wh... where's Bucky?" She quivered, scuttling back with her palms and feet.

Rebekah tauntingly walked towards her in a slow manner, before crouching down to her level. "Didn't Murphy tell you?" She scoffed, "he's gone."

Amelia couldn't figure out what she meant. "Was he dead? No surely he couldn't be, they wouldn't do that, he's too valuable." Amelia's mind raced. "What you mean, gone?" Her back hit the wall as she reached the end of the room.

"He's gone. I got bored. He was never going to give me what I wanted anyway, but now that it's just you here..." she tutted, an evil grin grew across her face. "He's got motivation to do as he's told now, if he wants you to live that is." Rebekah bent down and picked up the candle, relighting it, "oh come on, I'm not that mean, I'm not gonna make you eat in the dark." She laughed to herself as she lay the candle back down and exited the room, making sure to shut the door.

Amelia let her head lean back and hit the hard concrete wall. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying not to think the worst, but it wasn't working. She was alone, truly alone this time, no Peter and no Bucky. She was fully at the mercy of Rebekah and Murphy. Amelia had a sinking feeling in her stomach that no one would find her. If the team hadn't found the before, why would they start looking now. However, she assumed that Bucky had got back to the compound, giving her a slither of hope that he would come back and save her... but things were looking bleak already.

-Two weeks later-

Amelia stared down at the small portion of what you could call food, unable to bring herself to eat it. Everything she had put into her body had just been thrown up, unable to keep anything down.

Things were quiet for the first week after Bucky had disappeared. Amelia had just been kept in the room with hardly any interaction between Murphy and Rebekah. However the past could of days had been draining on her. Rebekah had been getting Amelia to use what little strength she had to entertain the pair. Getting her to explore her powers, conjuring projections of Rebekah just so that she could look at herself. Or forcing Amelia to tap into Rebekah's head, showing her the compound and Bucky's apartment, so that she could go out with a plan to find the book.

When Rebekah would return empty handed, she would take it out on Amelia in whatever way she felt effective. Most times it was just slicing a chosen weapon agains Amelia's skin, however there were times where she would dunk Amelia's head in iced water, pulling her out just before she would go unconscious.

Truth Doesn't Change The Way You Lie (A Bucky Barnes x OC story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें