Chapter 16

Amelia rolled over to see Bucky sleeping, completely drained from the night before. She admired his stubbly beard as he made little snores in between mumbled nonsense. Amelia crept out of bed and made her way the the en-suite, where her clothes had dried on the radiator. She got dressed and quietly made her way out the room, heading outside for her morning dose of nicotine. As she did so she noticed Sam in the kitchen pouring himself a cup of coffee. "You live here too?" She questioned him, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh god no, I've got a place down town, Tony's just called me down about some upgrades to redwing" Sam informed her.

"Redwing?" She looked at him confused. Amelia still didn't really know much about the group or what their roles were, only what Bucky had briefly told her.

"You could say he's my wingman" Sam joked to himself. Amelia smiled back even though she didn't understand. "He's a little device I have, helps me with things on the missions." He pulled out little robot from a case and placed it on the counter. "Where's Buck anyways?" He questioned, peering round the corner to look for him.

"Oh, he's still asleep bless him. He looked too peaceful, I didn't want to wake him." Sam had a confused look on his face as she told him. "What?"

Sam took a sip of his coffee, "he's actually asleep?" He said in disbelief.

"Umm, yeah? Does he not usually sleep or something?" Sam followed her outside. She took her lighter out her pocket and lit her cigarette.

"Not really no" he chuckled lightly. "I'm surprised you haven't noticed... with his nightmares and everything" he stated as she inhaled from the cigarette.

"I don't think he's had any. I mean I'm not exactly a light sleeper, but I think I'd notice if he had a nightmare" Amelia grew curious about Bucky's nightmares, and why he's stopped having them. Sam had gone back into the building as he was summoned by the intercom known as 'F.R.I.D.A.Y'. Amelia smoked down to the filter, absorbing the last bit of nicotine to try and help with her slight hangover.

She made her way back through the maze that was the compound hallways, eventually reaching the room where her and Bucky had spent the night. Amelia peered her head through the door, opening it slowly in case Bucky was still asleep, which he was. A soft grin grew across her face seeing Bucky tightly wrapped up in the bedsheets, snoring with his hair partly covering his face. She snuck over to the opposite side of the bed and slid under the sheets, wrapping her arms around his thick chest, spooning him from behind.

"Okay, why am I the little spoon?" His voice was tired and raspy as he interlocked their fingers with his metal hand, pulling them up and placing them under his chin.

"Good morning to you too." Amelia used her free hand to move his hair off his face, and planted a gentle kiss behind his ear. Bucky groaned as felt himself grow with even the slightest affection from her. He turned over to face her, placing his large hand under her hair, practically covering the entire back of her head. He leaned in to kiss her before realising that she had already been up and gotten dressed.

"You're already dressed." He said pouting, his voice became stroppy as his eyebrowed furrowed, "Not fair."

Amelia giggled as she flopped her head back on the pillow, lifting her hands to cover her face as she laughed. Bucky lifted his tired body and fell down on top of her, giving a large sigh. Amelia grunted as he landed on her, his built torso practically taking all the air out of her lungs. "Oh my god, Bucky you big lump, get off!" She strained as she tried shoving him off. He supported himself above her, his hands either side of her pillow. She gave him a soft smile as tucked his dangling hair behind his ears. As she did so Bucky noticed her mood change.