Chapter 12

Amelia woke up the next morning in Bucky's bed, not remembering much from the night before. Bucky was already awake and getting changed, turning around to see her sleepy face looking at him. "Good morning sleepyhead." He pulled his shirt over his shoulders.

"What time is it?" Amelia yawned, sitting up in the bed.

"It's 10:30. I didn't want to wake you up, you looked too peaceful sleeping." Bucky sat on the bed, giving her a kiss on her forehead before putting his socks on. "I've got a few errands to run before we see Steve later, but don't rush to get up, you've got plenty of time." Bucky gave her another kiss before leaving.

Amelia slid back down under the covers, now regretting drinking a lot the night before. She groaned as she flipped the covers away, swinging her legs over the edge and getting up. She wandered around Bucky's apartment in the underwear and bra that she had slept in. She grabbed the pot of freshly brewed coffee and poured herself a large mug of it, before going over to the sofa to get her bag. She rummaged through it, looking for some comfortable clothes to wear for the day. Amelia had picked out a black and white checked dress, with white t-shirt and tights to go underneath it. She laid out her clothes on the couch, whilst searching for her cigarettes around the bedroom.

Amelia heard the apartment door open, thinking that Bucky might have forgotten something as he had only been gone all of five minutes. "Hey Buck have you seen where I put my cigarettes? I cant seem to find them." She walked back in to the kitchen, distracted by her searching.

She heard a deep voice coming from by the door. "Oh my God! Amelia, Fuck!" Sam and a teenage boy were standing in by the door, Sam's hands covering the boys eyes, and looking away himself. "Avert your eyes kid!"

She ran and ducked behind the kitchen counter, hiding herself as she was practically naked. "What the hell, Sam!" She wailed.

"What the hell me? What the hell are you doing walking around the place naked?" He said somewhat sarcastically.

"I thought I was alone!" She yelled still behind the counter. "Well you're gonna have to pass me my clothes, or at least something to cover myself with." Amelia sighed in a calmer tone. "And for gods sake, I'm behind the counter so you can let go of the boys face." She gave a laugh.

"Actually my names Peter, Peter Parker. Is Mr. Bucky here? Only he said he'd take us to see Cap. That and I've got a bunch of magnets to try out with him." Peter babbled as Sam let him go.

"Not the time kid. And don't you think that Bucky would have come out if he was here?" Sam shuffled to the couch, picking up Amelia's clothes and tossing them over the counter for her. She quickly got changed and headed to the bathroom to wash her face and do her hair. The boys made themselves comfortable as they waited for Bucky to return.

After freshening herself up, Amelia joined the boys in the living room. Soon after Bucky stepped through the door carrying a bag of shopping. "Oh, hey kid. What are you two doing here? We're not seeing Steve till later." Bucky walked into the kitchen and started unpacking the food.

"Well Parker wanted to do that magnet thing, so said I'd give him a ride." Sam gestured to Peter, who was already unpacking a box of magnets from his backpack. "We got a bit of a surprise seeing Amelia here just chilling in her underwear" Sam laughed, whilst Amelia gave him a death stare.

"Again, I thought I was alone! And anyways who doesn't knock before coming in?" Amelia repeated, slightly annoyed.

"By the way Mr. Bucky sir, not that I was looking, but your girlfriend's really pretty." Peter handed Bucky the box.

Bucky and Amelia stared at each other, slight panic stuck across both of their faces. They hadn't established what they were yet. "Oh, she's not um-"

"I'm not, we're not-"Amelia stuttered over Bucky.

"I mean not really..." Bucky became flustered by Peter calling her his girlfriend. He didn't know what they were, or what to call her. Sam burst out in hysterical laughter at how awkward the two had become. Peter didn't understand what had happened, but he joined in with Sam laughing.

Amelia had become quite as she started to overthink the situation, wondering if Bucky even wanted a relationship, considering his hectic lifestyle.

-

Sam drove Bucky, Amelia, and Peter to the hospital to see Steve. It was a limit to two people visiting in the room at a time, so Amelia and Bucky saw him first. The nurse had informed them both that Steve had been doing considerably better in the last 12 hours. He was breathing on his own now and had less machines around him. This calmed Bucky's nerves, giving him hope that Steve will come around soon.

Sam popped his head into the room, telling Bucky that he needed to chat to him for a minute. "I'm gonna stay here, if that's okay?" Amelia stated. Bucky nodded and left to room. She could see Sam and him talking in front of the window, Bucky having a stern look on his face, it must have been serious.

Amelia stayed sat next to Steve, who for someone in a coma, was actually pretty good company. She liked the quiet. She had always practically been alone, so the silence brought her comfort. "Bucky says you're a pretty cool guy." She said quietly to him with a sigh. "Look, I know you don't know me, but I'd really appreciate it if you woke up. For Bucky's sake." Amelia looked back at Sam and Bucky, seeing the conversation turn into a slight argument. "I know I haven't known him that long, but I can tell you mean a lot to him." She sat on the edge of the chair, leaning on his bed, "He won't admit it, but he's struggling... He needs you Steve." She whispered, taking Steve's hand in hers. As she did so, she could feel a burning surge flow slowly through her veins. Amelia winced as she realised she was absorbing his pain. Although she didn't understand how it was possible, she didn't let go. The pain kept growing, but she found herself unable to let go. Her breathing became raspy as her nose started to bleed. She let out a small groan and scrunched her face as the agony became too much.

Bucky had noticed through the window that something wasn't right. He barged in through the door, just in time to catch Amelia before she passed out. "Amelia? Fuck!" He sat her back in the chair, crouching down with her. He noticed the blood run down onto her lips and wiped it with his sleeve. "Sam! Get in here somethings happened!" He yelled, still holding her steady. He placed his hands on her face, keeping her head up, "Amelia, can you here me?" He said in a distressed tone whist Sam and Peter rushed in. Amelia groaned, dipping in and out of consciousness in Bucky's hands.

"Bucky...?" A soft groan came from the bed. Bucky looked over at Steve, who was trying to sit up slowly. "What... What happened?" He looked around confused. Sam told Peter to fetch a nurse, whilst he rushed to Steve's side, Bucky still tending to Amelia.

"Don't try to get up, just relax. You got knocked pretty bad." Sam propped a pillow up behind Steve's head, making it more comfortable for him.

Amelia's eyes fluttered open, being sensitive to the light above her. She held her pounding head and wiped her bloody nose. She was shaking, still weak from her interaction with Steve. Her eyes adjusted as she looked over seeing Steve. Peter came back with a couple of nurses who all hovered around Steve, Amelia not wanting attention to what happened to her. The nurses informed them that they needed the room to do general checks over Steve, to see if everything was as it should be.

Bucky helped Amelia walk over to the waiting area, his hand around her waist supporting her as she was still weak. "What the hell happened in there?" He asked, helping her sit down.

"I...I'm not sure. I think I was able to take his pain." Her memory was slightly clouded, trying to think about it.

"Well whatever you did, it woke him up." He gave her a half smile, taking her hands.

"Whatever I did made me feel like shit." She chuckled back at him, wincing lightly.

She saw Sam walking over to her holding a tray of drinks. He passed her a cup, "I made sure to put a little extra sugar in yours. figured you could to with it" He smiled at her before handing Bucky and Peter theirs. "Yours is hot chocolate kid, I don't think you'd every need a coffee." They all gave a small laugh at peter, who was disappointed with his drink. Amelia sipped her drink, its warmth making her feel better already.