twenty seven

Kylie's P.O.V.

I pulled around the corner and drove down the road that led to my house, going 65. The speed limit was 40 but I was too shocked, scared, and tear-filled to care. I took a sharp turn into my driveway, almost missing the turn. I got out of my car and slammed the door shut. I ran into my house, seeing two cars pull up. I locked the doors and watched as Luke, Calum, Ashton, and Michael pounded on the doors.

I cried up the stairs and into my room. I threw myself onto the bed and felt the tears fall onto the blankets. A burst of anger ran through me as I went to the bathroom. I found the familiar razor and went back to my bed. I shakily put the sharp object to my wrist and held it there for a moment. I applied pressure and felt the fire underneath my skin, the same way it burned last time. Cold tears left my eyes and ran down my warm face.

I watched as blood dripped onto the clean white blankets, not caring. I became angrier and slit my wrists with as much force as I could bear. My body felt gross, the touch of the two men still lingering. I felt like I could throw up at any second now. I jabbed the blades into my skin as deep as it would go.

"You promised." A hoarse voice whispered.

I looked up at the balcony to see Luke, a boy with a deathly fear of heights. He walked over to me and took the razor from my hands. He placed it in the trash can before sitting down on the bed with me. He took my hands in his.

"I-I don't think you realize that... when you hurt yourself, it hurts me so much more."

I looked down at the bloody sheets beneath me. I could still feel the wetness of tears on my cheeks.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his lap. I cried, tears falling into his shirt.

"I'm so sorry..." He mumbled every minute or so.

I sniffled before pulling back, "Thanks for being there."

I moved to get off of him. I felt as he grabbed my hand. I looked at him and he gently pulled me back.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." I replied quietly.

"I'll kill them, send them to jail. Nobody's allowed to touch my girl." He mumbled to himself.

I smiled softly at his mention of me being his girl, but knew that it would never be.

The door swung open and revealed Michael, Calum, and Ashton with an old, bent up bobby pin.

"Kylie!" Ashton said and jumped onto the bed as I hid my left arm.

He pulled me away from Luke's embrace and into his own. He held me for a few moments. After I was released, Ashton looked at me.

"Guys, can we get a minute?" He asked the other three.

Calum and Michael obliged and forcibly pulled Luke out of the room.

"Kylie, I'm so sorry... I wish I could've been there to save you. At least Luke and Calum were though. Are you alright?"

I nodded slowly.

"Good." He smiled but it soon disappeared. "I need to talk to you."

I waited for him to continue.

"You know, since day one, I've always loved you. But, I just want to be friends with you. I realized that... well I don't know, but I just know that we're not in love. And, I see how Luke looks at you. I wish I could, but I can't. I just... don't love you like he does. I hope you understand."

I nodded, not knowing another way to agree.

He stuck out his hand, "Friends?"

"Friends." I shook his warm hand with my right one. "But by the way, Luke does not love me. I'm pretty sure I love Twilight more than he loves me like that. And I hate Twilight."

He looked at me with a frown, "You really are oblivious to everything that goes on around you, aren't you?"

I gave him a weird look before he spoke again.

"When we walk out of here, hold my hand and watch him squirm." He smirked.

I agreed warily before standing from the bed. He held out his hand once again before I placed my right hand into his.

"Wait." He said before placing his hand on my lipstick covered lips. He smudged my lipstick a bit and wiped the extremely light pink tint onto his own lips. He messed up his hair a bit for effect before pushing open the doors.

We walked out together, hand in hand. I kept my eyes on Luke, who seemed distant from me now. Just five minutes ago, I was sitting in his lap and now he's practically ignoring me. Is he getting his early period mood swings or is he just being weird? We walked past Calum and Michael, them staring in shock at mine and Ashton's supposal after-kiss look.

Once we had passed Luke, I saw a flash of fire throughout his blue eyes. He followed us, practically at our heels, down the steps before turning towards the front door.

"Going back to school." He mumbled.

As soon as the boy had returned to his car, Ashton turned to me.

"Told ya." He grinned.

"Told her what?" Michael asked confused.

"Luke is hammered by her."

"Oh definitely." Calum and Michael said in sync.

"Wait so, you guys have never actually kissed?" Calum asked.

"Well..." Ashton started.

"Oh my God! You did!" Cal's jaw dropped but still kept the smile on his face.

"Not this time." I started to get defensive, thinking that they thought I liked Ashton.

"There's been other times?!" Mikey screamed while laughing, tears streaming out of his eyes.

Ash and I both looked down with blushes locked onto our faces.

"Can we just drop it?" I said getting redder by the second.

"Okay, okay... But Luke looked like he wanted to punch Ash so hard that his teeth would fall out, when you guys came out holding hands." Cal told us.

"I still don't see it..." I mumbled with a confused look on my face.

"Luke's gonna be so crushed when your gone." Ash said, completely ignoring my comment.

"What?" Michael asked, confused.

"I'm.. moving back to Florida."

"You're leaving?!" Calum and Michael questioned, with sad looks printed on their faces.

They crushed me into a hug, nearly knocking the wind out of me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Calum and Mikey looked hurt.

"I didn't know how." I sighed, ashamed of my selfish acts.

The four of us decided to them skip school and texted Luke telling him to come back. We received no reply other than the silence of our phones.