eleven

Kylie's P.O.V.

I sat at my desk, starring at the blank sheet of paper that I was to complete for homework. It was the last thing. I had struggled with all of the makeup work, and the homework given to me today, greatly. I was not used to this, I'm used to being able to get it down in a short matter of time. But all the thoughts jumbled in my brain and mind confused and distracted me.

Why did I get mad at Luke and his friends?

Wasn't I supposed to be angry at Evan?

Didn't I think Evan was the bastard and not Luke?

Why do I even have to question myself about that?

I groaned in frustration and made myself stare down the homework.

Maybe if I finish this, I could unscramble my thoughts and come up with a solution.

I tried to trick my brain into working out the math problems. Of course, being an asshole, my mind decided to not work against my will and think about everything I've done to ruin people's lives.

I mean, if it weren't for me, Evan wouldn't have beaten me, which caused me to cry. And that resulted in my face being puffy and red, so Luke noticed that. And he tried to comfort me and find out what was wrong and then I flipped out I on him when he listened to a personal song I had wrote and ruined everything. So basically I ruined mine and Evan's relationship and pushed away Luke, a really caring guy who just wanted to help.

Way to go, you bitch!

I hadn't even noticed that I had started crying until I looked back down at my tear stained paper.

Stop crying like a spoiled, bratty, baby and work!

My subconscious yelled at me and I started to fill in the work and answers. I got frustrated at my self, even if I just made a weird looking number. I would erase things over and over again, touch something 10 times until I felt like something drastic wouldn't happen like my parents dying, and I would write only so many words and numbers in a line.

I finally finished the small worksheet at seven P.M. I packed up my backpack and slumped onto my bed. It felt like seconds had passed before my phone went off, yet it was already 7:15. I looked to see what the notification had signaled to see that it was only a text from a random number.

'Kylie? It's Ashton.'

'Hey' I replied, trying not to sound depressed.

He quickly responded,

'So what's up with you? I mean, were you really sick or does this have to do with why Luke said you were kicking us out of your house?'

Well he's really forward, but I guess he is just a concerned friend.

I stayed home from school because my boyfriend tried to have sex with me, but when I refused he beat me, and then your best friend tried to help me, and then I flipped out and kicked you all out and made things too awkward to go to school for a few days.

'Oh, no I was really sick Ash.' I lied.

'Then why'd you kick us out?'

'Because I was too embarrassed to admit to you guys that I had just gotten sick in the bathroom and didn't know how else to tell you guys to leave.'

I cringed over how I lied to him about something so important so easily.