twelve

Kylie's P.O.V.

Mr. Roseberry, my science teacher, instructed us in a monotone voice like always.

"Ok, everyone is going to be getting a lab partner today and you will be keeping these partners for the whole year."

Some people groaned, wanting to work alone, and others cheered, knowing that they wouldn't have to do any work.

"Maya is with James. Jessa is with Justin. Harry is with Maggie. Kylie is with Bree." He droned on but I had stopped paying attention after I had heard my name.

Who in the hell is-

"Hi! You must be Kylie!" A cheery voice asked a girl near me.

"Nope, I'm Kristina. That's Kylie Steel." The girl pointed to me as I pretended to be reading over the directions.

"Hello Kylie, I'm Bree!" I mentally rolled my eyes at her jolliness.

"Hey."

"Okay, so I'm new here and don't really know anybody so, could you tell me what that girl's problem is?" She nodded over to a girl dressed like a tacky queen bee of the high-school in any teenage movie you see.

"Oh, that's Emily Winter. Head cheerleader, the quarterback's girlfriend, extremely dumb, and tends to say like in her sentences. A lot." I explained. "She probably caught her boyfriend looking at you or something."

"Oh, that sounds tacky."

"Extremely." I agreed.

-

Turns out, Bree isn't another bubbly bitch like, well, the rest of the girls in this school. She can actually use sarcasm right and has the brain capacity to understand basic logic. We finished in time and she actually did half of the work. I didn't have any homework to do because she helped. Sadly, I was planning on doing the tormenting work as a way to distract myself from all of my wrongdoings.

I sat on my bed after arriving home, staring at the ceiling. It's the same as it was yesterday, and the day before, and every other day since my life became one full of ripping my hair out and only being able to think about Luke and Evan and how I'll probably never be able to talk to them ever again. Unless, of course, they are forgiving. But I don't think someone could be that generous.

I know that everything is my fault. Luke will never talk to me again and all because he was listening to a stupid song. I was stupid enough to leave it sitting out in the open. I was the one who freaked out. I was the one who said no and made Evan feel self conscious and become angry. I caused this all. I made it this way. I am the reason for all of the broken relationships I have left on the ground. I regret it all so much, rejecting Evan and yelling at Luke and my best friends to get out. I just don't know why all of the people in my life are staying with me. Cheesy or not, they would all be better off without me.