eight

Dedicated to Chemixals for being an awesome person and wattpadian in general. Without her, this chapter would not exist. :-)
-Cat x

Kylie's P.O.V.

Evan slapped and kicked me repeatedly before scrambling up and running towards the back door. I heard one door slam shut as another opened.

"Kylie!" I heard Ashton scream.

So Ashton is my savior.

"Up-" My voice squeaked and I quickly cleared my throat. "Up here!"

I shot up from my position and wiped underneath my eyes, praying that my eyes aren't red and puffy. I straightened out my outfit and hair before heading over to the stairs, my body still aching.

"Hey betch!" Calum spoke in a girly voice as the four appeared in my front doorway.

"Oh, hey you guys! I thought it was just Ashton." I grinned.

Luke's P.O.V.

Before I step inside Kylie's unlocked front door, I see a familiar figure running towards a small pick up truck. Without thinking, I turn away, eager to see Kylie.

"Kylie!" Ash screeched.

"Up-" Kylie's angelic voice sounded unsure of itself and she coughed. "Up here!"

"Hey betch!" Calum smiled from ear to ear using his girl voice.

"Oh, hey you guys! I thought it was just Ashton." She gave us a toothy grin.

She's disappointed that we all came? She likes Ashton?!

No, no, no, no, no. You're just overreacting, Luke. Calm yourself. Ashton is your friend.

I examine her face, seeing that something's wrong. She looks, almost, scared. Has she been crying? I need to talk to her, alone.

"Hey, do you have any popcorn?" I asked her.

"Probably, why?"

"I'm hungry. Let's go make some. Pleeaaaassseeeee?" I gave her my puppy dog face.

"Ugh, fine." She groaned and trotted towards a door.

The rest of the boys wandered around as I went to follow her.

As soon as she turned the corner, I caught by her wrist.

Her eyes went wide in fear as she slowly turned to face me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, worriedly.

Her face softened,"Yeah."

"Please don't lie to me." I looked into her eyes.

Kylie's P.O.V.

Luke knows something's up. How could he of possibly seen through my act? Nobody can.

"Please don't lie to me." He sounded hurt.

I looked up and noticed his deep blue eyes. I stared into them for what felt like ten years. A person's eyes can tell their whole story. But his are not like an open book. This boy is a complete mystery to me. And that scares me. But it also ignites a fire in my soul.