Chapter 4

Michelle's POV

I wake up with an excruciating head ache. I look around and see I'm in a unfamiliar surrounding. I quickly sit up and realise that was a terrible Idea. Everything turns black and the world starts to spin.
Someone walks in. I now see that someone is James. Oh my god. I slept in James' room. In his bed. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND. OH MY GOD IM GOING TO HELL.
"Hey, here's some Panadol"he says annoyed handing me a glass of water and the little pill. I take them slowly and swallow them. He just stands there with a frown.
"Did I do something wrong?" I question.
"Do you recall anything that happened last night?" As I try to remember the events that took place it's all blurry. I shake my head.
"You got drunk out of your mind. Passed out in the club so I brought you here" I nod.
"By the way. Some Eldon guy keeps ringing you" he says angry like. He hands me my phone and I see 12 missed calls and 20 messages. I roll my eyes and turn my phone off.
"Over possessive boyfriend"
"Something like that" I mumble. "He's loyal though and always puts my first" I snap. James throws his hands up in defence.
"Want anything to eat?" He asks.
"No. I need to go home" I say sternly
"Right. Do you want me to drive you?" "Yea cause I have know clue where I am"
"Okay I didn't need an explanation I just needed an answer" he snaps. I get out of bed and grab all my stuff. We leave his home in silence.
The entire car ride is silent until we arrive at my house.
"This is your house?" He says shocked. "Yes. Do you have a problem with it?" My house is pretty shitty on the outside but it's nicer on the inside.
I here James sigh angrily next to me. "Listen Michelle" I look at him. "Last night. Never happened. Okay? Don't ever mention this to anyone at school" he tells me like I'm a baby.
"I'm not a child"
"I never said you were" he yells.
"FINE. I won't mention anything. I never talk to you again" I yell and get out of his car slamming the door behind me.

James POV

God she infuriates me so much. I just hate her.

So it's Monday and sure enough Michelle kept to her word. Not once did she speak to me or even look at me.
Fine by me of course. I could care less about her. It actually give me more time to practice for football trials this Friday.
I've been captain of the football team for 3 years now. I pretty much have a guarantee spot.

I go to my locker to grab my bag that has my footy gear. Michelle approaches her locker and totally ignores me. I can't help but steal glances of her. She so strong and assertive. She's hold such a straight face with a little frown. The same frown she wears when she sleep.
Makes me sick.

Michelle's POV

So my week goes like this.
Monday: I arrive at school Monday morning see James and walk past him like I've never met him before.
Tuesday: I have history and I sit in the middle row out of eye shot of James.
Wednesday: My mother convinces me to join the cheerleading team and with much debate, I decide to write my name down
Thursday: I walk into the girls bathroom and see James and some chick glued to his mouth. I was sickened. Of course neither of them noticed me. So I just left.
Today's Friday, day of cheer try outs. I haven't seen James in a while until I go to my locker. I hold a straight stern face totally ignoring him. Pretending he's a wall.
I'm happy Ive excluded James from my life this past week. It's given me a more clear head space. I've called Eldon every day and tell him everything. Almost everything. I didn't tell him about my clubbing incident.
I also decided not to break up with him. This sounds so wrong but it gives me an excuse to stay away from James. Not that I have any sort of feeling towards him, Eldon is sort of a distraction. In fact he's coming up this weekend so I'm excited. Sort of.

I head out to the field for try outs. There's an alright turn out. Mostly dipsy girls but they are beautiful.
"Hey Michelle" Stephanie greets me.
"Hey, I didn't realise you were captain of the cheer team" I say
"Yea. It's my new official title" she smiles. I smile back and head to the other girls who are stretching.
"Right ladies, you are all on the team!" Steph cheers "Except for you, you, you and you" she kicks off four geeky looking girls.
"Right. Now we Need a flyer" nobody seems willing to step up.
"I will" I announce. I used to do cheer back at my old school. I was also captain and flyer so it's not that big of a deal for me.
"Sweet! Everyone formation. We are going to do a basic toss" Stephanie instructs.
"5 6 7 8" the girls lift me up. As I'm up there I make eye contact with James for the first time since Saturday morning. My breath hitches and I glare at him to push down the butterfly feeling. All of a sudden I'm being tossed into the air.
My life now in the hands of total strangers. I land roughly in their arms.
"Well done ladies" Steph congratulates us.
"Now. Training will be everyday after school till 5. Same time as the boys footy training. You will get a uniform and only to be worn the week before a home game. Now. Next week in the kickoff of the season but we won't be wearing our uniforms as I want the new team to surprise and wow the crowd. Any questions come see me ASAP. But for now take your uniform and I'll see you all next Monday. Oh and Michelle can I speak to you"
After all the girls leave its just me, Steph and the football players.
"So?" She says cheekily.
"So?" I question confused like.
"What happened Friday night. Give me the deats. Don't be afraid. I haven't seen you like all week"
I sigh. I never want to speak of that night.
"Well" I say recapping what happened that night. All my memories came back a couple days ago. "After I passed out James took me home" I lie.
"Bullshit" she smiles. She can see right through my lie.
"It's true" she frowns at me clearly not believing my story. "Anyways, I have a boyfriend anyway so don't you get any ideas in that head of yours" I tease.
"You have a bf?" She says excitedly.
"Yea" I say matter of factly.
"He's coming up tomorrow"
"Can I meet him?"
"No"
She fake pouts.
"I haven't seen him in two weeks. I miss him" I half lie.
"Alright. Fine. Hey I'll catch you around on Monday"
"Okay, see ya" I say as Steph leaves the field.
I sigh to myself and leave the school grounds and begin my walk home.