Chapter 26

Michelle's Pov

It's school tomorrow and my mum still isn't home. I'm a little concerned. I don't want to be a burden on James.
"Hey my mum just texted me. She said that she is home" I look up at him when I've finished speaking. We've been cuddling on the couch for hours. It's really nice just to relax here with James but I can't stay here any longer.
"Fucken bullshit Michelle" he smirks.
"What?" I squeak, my voice shaking
"I know she's not at your house. Your phone is in my room"
"Oh my fucking god" I mumble to myself "I'm an idiot"
He just laughs at me.
"Now, why did you want to leave?" He says pulling my onto his lap. I swing my legs over the other side of his and look at him.
"I dunno. I don't wanna be a burden" I mumble looking down"
"You think your a burden? Your the one person I actually love in my life and to be honest, I would ask you to move in with me" he says. I smile.
"That would be nice" I say. His eyes go wide for a split second then softens.
"Yea maybe during uni. If we are still together" he says glumly. What does he mean 'if'?
"Yea" I sigh.
"Hey?" he says lifting his knees up and down shaking me.
"Mmmh?"
"Why don't we go food shopping?"
"You sound way more excited for food shopping then you should" I laugh

-

We arrive at the supermarket 15 minutes later. He wanted an shawarma what ever the hell that is and wouldn't go anywhere until he ha one. Apparently when his parents were together and his mum was alive they always went out for one before food shopping. I politely declined as I though this would be a special moment for James.
"I can't believe you turned down a shawarma" he says shaking his head as we enter the building with a trolley.
"Well, it's your special tradition and-"
"And I want to extend it with my special girl" he moans like a five year old. I shake my head and laugh as he picks up a pace and lifts himself on the trolley and lets gravity to its job.
"First thing on the list" he announces like a king in the medieval era "Milk"
"Well you flew past it" I say laughing slightly.
"Your right young servant. Go fetch it for me"
I put my hands on my hips and cock my eyebrow.
"Excuse me" I say intimidatingly.
"And because I love you I will go fetch it myself" he drops the role play at the end and runs off the grab the milk. When he returns he kisses my cheek and places the milk in the carton.

We walk around the store grabbing things we need and things we don't need, and arguing like an old married couple at pointless things.
"James?" I ask as we wait in line.
"Yes" he drags.
"How come you've never taken me to meet you father and step mother?" I ask wearily. He stiffens.
"Um because they're not important to me and I don't want you affiliating with them" he says in a deep serious tone.
"Oh" I say. We arrive at the cashier and she smiles at us. I throw one back at her and look down.
The only sound between us is the beep of the items being scanned.
I shouldn't take offence to what he said. But I do.
"That'll be $250 thanks"
James and both open up our wallets.
"What do you think you're doing?" He says. Can't tell I he's angry or joking.
"I'm paying half" I say
"No your not" he snarks.
"Half this shit we isn't need and half of its stuff you don't like. I'm paying half" I say with sass.
"Oh really" he says turning to face me. "You see, I'm here by the eftpos machine and your on the other side of the trolley" he smiles evilly.
I open mouth to say something but close it quickly. He was right. Next thing I know it he's paying for all the food we bought.
-
As we are driving it's silent. I'm burning with questions but I don't dare ask. It's a sore subject and I don't want to upset him.
"Michelle?" He says breaking the ice
I don't say anything.
"I'm sorry okay. If you want to meet my dad and step mum I'll take you over whenever" he says
"If it upsets you, you don't have to" I say.
"Listen" he says through clenched teeth "If you want to meet them I'll take you after school tomorrow"
He doesn't seem keen on the idea. But since he offered
"Yea okay" I say. I won't win either way.
"Great. I'll call him later to let him know"

We get to James' house and unpack the food.
As we are putting it away I just can't keep my curiosity in.
"Why don't you like him?" I ask nervously. I hear him sigh.
"It's just the fact that he was never home. Just a week after my parents divorce my dad moved on to another woman. Got her knocked up so he married her. It's just the fact that he left me and my mum with hesitation. Like he wasn't there during her last few days. He was barely at the funeral and he just selfish and disrespectful. I mean look at how Steph and I've turned out. She's out partying every weekend, getting drunk and banged and I'm here alone used to have a girl a week and I'm only 18"
His back is to me and he had stopped putting things away. I put my items down an walk over to him.
I slide my hand in-between his arms and hug him. I stand on my tip toes and rest my chin on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry" I almost whisper. I kiss his jawline and he turns to face me.
"I love you so much Michelle" he says his eyes softer than usual.
"I love you too" I say.