Chapter 40

James POV

"Have fun" Hunter says as the girls drive off for their dress shopping.
"You realise the bets still on" West says.
"I know," I say sternly "and I can't wait till prom" I lie.
"Your such a good actor. Yo if this whole football thing doesn't work definitely go into acting" Hunter laughs. I roll my eyes. The thing is,I'm not lying.
"You really have all of us fooled" West says.
"What do I get out of this exactly?" I ask
"Reputation and guarantee spot in the college your so keen on" Hunter says.
"Oh right" I say.
"Have you actually fallen for her? Cause the way you act and the way you speak and look at her and like 'Wow, he's whipped'" West says.
"Gotta be believable right?"

Michelle's pov

"How about this one!?" Emily says as she walks out of the dressing room.
"Nice cleavage, hugs your curves perfectly. But is it the right colour? I mean it compliments your skin tone but you look like a pumpkin" I tell her. The girls laugh.
"Ugh your right" she goes back in the changing room an comes out moments later in the exact same dress except lavender.
"Em you look beautiful"
"Awh thanks Riles. Okay, I'm getting this one"
"Mitchie your turn" Riley says.
"Oh umm okay" I say. I walk over to the dress rack and my eyes instantly fall upon this beautiful blue dress.
"So what do you think?" I ask shyly when I walk out.
"I think, I think James doesn't know what he's grateful for" Stephanie says. It's the first time she's spoken all afternoon pretty much.
"Michelle its stunning. You look beautiful" Emily says.
"Thanks" I say. Two girls walk into the shop that I've never seen before.
Ones tall and pale with long straight brunette hair and the other is short dark skinned with black curly hair average length. The look at me up and down all judgemental like. I suddenly feel incredibly uncomfortable.
I go into the room and change into my pale blue denim jeans and white sweater.
"So we ready?" I ask
"Yeah" the girls say. We pay for our dresses and leave the shop.
"Did you guys see those girls the walked in the shop?" I ask
"Yeah. Amanda and Thalia. Inseparable really. They transferred the other day" Steph says
"Oh" I say.