Chapter 31

James Pov

Her lips taste like her strawberry lip balm against my lips. They're soft and sweet.
"Should probably get to training now" she mumbles against me lips. It's game night tonight and I'm just not feeling it. I'd rather spend my night with Michelle. Her back is against the wall outside the boys locker room. She's in her cheer uniform looking more beautiful than ever.
"Have I told you you looked beautiful today?" I ask her.
"Yes" she giggles. "Twice actually"
"Well you look stunning" I say smiling at her. She shakes her head, laughing lightly.
"Get to training" she orders.
"Fine" I pout. I kiss her once more and go into the boys room.
"James" West says. He's the only one in there. We bro hug and he looks at me while smiling cheekily.
"You've turned soft mate" he says.
"You were watching?" I ask kind of creeped out.
"No. I heard you. 'Have I ever told you you look beautiful today?'" He mocks.
"Shut up" I say.
"God you must really have her wrapped around your finger"
My smile fades.
"Or is it the other way around?" He uses his fingers and pretends to figure out an equation.
I just fake laugh.
"Yeah nah" I say looking at the ground.
"Come on. Coach is waiting" I grab my helmet and we run onto the field.
I hate myself for agreeing to the stupid bet. I hate myself for having to do this to Michelle. I hate myself for building up this reputation.
Coach is in the middle of giving us a pep talk when he calls me out.
"James!" He shouts. I give him my attention. With out realising it, I was staring at the cheerleaders. Well at Michelle. She looks so confident and beautiful.
"Don't worry coach he was just checkin out his girlfriend" Max says and the team laughs.
"Shut up Max" I say. He's new to our team and to our school and he's god damned annoying.
"Boys. I know about your little fist fight. I'm letting by just this once. Do it again and you're both suspended from the team"
If I get suspended from the team, then this whole bet was for nothing.
"Game starts in five minutes. Set up lads and let's win this"

An hour and a half later we are all at Wests house celebrating our win. Kegs,spirits,alcohol, everything. I've ha a couple drinks and I'm a little woozy. I just want to find Michelle. I stumble around, pushing past people in search of her.
"James!" Someone stops me.
"Congrats for the winning try" she says.
"Thanks but I'm sorry. A) Who are you and B) I'm on a mission" I slur.
"Come on. One drink an Ill tell you my name"
I contemplate this for a moment but since in intoxicated, I'm soon following this chick to the kitchen for a drink. She hands me a beer and I take a gulp.
"Alright. I have a drink now what's your name"
"Amanda. My names Amanda" she says.
"Great to meet you but-" she starts leaning in and I'm confused. Someone bumps into my pushing my face towards hers until we are kissing. She grabs my face to deepen the kiss.
I have a girlfriend. I say to myself.
"Woah. Amanda I have a girlfriend" I say pushing her off me. I glance behind her shoulder just to see my girl disappear into the crowd