Chapter 22

Michelle's Pov

I haven't seen or heard from James or my mum all day. I get a little worried. It start raining really really hard the streets start to flood.
I sit on the couch with my phone and a blanket and curl into a ball.
When I turn the telly on its on the news.
"Possible flooding today with rain all day. Hope your geared up guys" I change channel and just decide to watch Disney Channel.
I fall asleep very quickly.

'I never loved you. Your just a pathetic waste of space' James mocks me. This night was supposed to be perfect. Instead the man I love is here, mocking me, with another women.
'God stop crying. Your just making a even bigger fool out of yourself' he says
'James I- I thought you actually loved me' I choke
'You, you though I-' he starts cracking up laughing. Everyone does all around me. I start running but the room just gets bigger, the laughing gets louder. I trip and fall. They start chanting my name. I bring my knees to my chest an block my ears and start screaming.

"Michelle! MICHELLE!" I wake up to a drenched, concerned James. I bolt up straight and into the couch corner. My hearts beating fast and I'm panting.
"What? What happened? How'd you get in?" I stutter.
"Well I wanted to come see you but the roads were all closer so I couldn't drive. I just decided to walk. When I got to your house I heard you scream so I kinda broke in" he says
My breathing calms down and I start to take James in a bit more. He's made a huge puddle on my floor.
"You actually walked in this cyclone. Just to see me?" I question.
"Yea, of course" he says like its no big deal.
"That's really sweet" I say.

After an hour James clothes dry and the rain eases up. My phone starts ringing.
"Mum?"
"Michelle hi sweetie. I meant to tell you this sooner but I won't be coming back for about four weeks"
"Four weeks?"
"Yea. There's this work thing I've been invited to and it's in another city. I've put some money in your account so you can survive the four weeks. I love you baby girl. Hope you have a great time. I'll see you soon" she says and hangs up.
"What's up?" James ask.
"My mum. She won't be home for a month" I say glumly. I look at James and she's he has a glint in his eye.
"Why don't you just stay with me?" He asks. We've become very serious with our relationship lately.
"Yea okay" I say smiling "I'll just pack a few things" I run to my room and throw my essentials in my bag.

James Pov

We arrive at my house very cold and damp.
"Want a hot drink?" I ask
"Yes please" she says shivering. I go over to her and give her a giant long bear hug. I can feel her smile against my chest
"I love these moments with you" she says.
"Me too"