Chapter 5

Michelle's POV

I come home and see that the door is unlocked. Mum doesn't get back home till 8. I freak out and grab the thing closest to me. I creep around the house trying to be silent.
I hear footsteps increasingly get louder behind me as someone embraces me. I whack them with my weapon a few time until they release.
"So that's how you greet your boyfriend" a familiar voice says behind me. I turn around and see Eldon beaming back at me.
"It thought you were coming up tomorrow" I puff while I hug him.
"Yea. Well I got off school early and figured I'd come surprise you"
"Well you certainly surprised me" I half smile.
"Yea and you certainly attacked me"he laughs
"Well, I thought you were a burglar or something"
"So you attacked me with a newspaper" I look down at my weapon
"Yea" I scoff "I guess I did"

I can't say I'm overly pleased that Eldon is here. But I try to enjoy myself.
"So do you want to go out?" I ask.
"Shouldn't we wait for your mum?"
I sigh. "She's a big girl"
"Yea but it's Friday night. Your mums bee working"
"Fine what ever. Let's just watch a movie"
I sit on a different couch after I put the movie in and he just sits there. I don't know why I'm still dating him.
I start texting Stephanie.

'Hey Michelle'
'Hey Steph'
'Michelle?'
'Steph?'
'What are you doing right now?'
'Nothing. Why?'
'Come to my house. I'm having a party. You NEED to come. It starts at 8:30'

I think for a moment. I'm bored. Out of my mind here.

'Sure thang' I reply.
'YES. OMG. AHHHHH. ILL SEE YOU SOOO BBY GIRL'

My mum walks in the front door and sees Eldon and I sitting across from each other and frowns. It doesn't last long though. When she sees Eldon he gets up and hugs her and she hugs back. Right. I'm Defiantly going to this party now.
"Mum. Steph invited me to hers for the night" I lie. "Can I stay. Please she's my only friend and I need to keep her close" I half lie this time.
"But Eldons here" she says.
"Yea I know but this is for security. A bunch of other girls are going too. I might make some friends" I don't know why I'm lying to my mum. I never do. I just want to leave.
"Alright. Be back before 10"
I run to my room and change into a black flared skirt and a tight red t-shirt. I grab a duffle bag to keep up the sleepover lie but I open my window so I can shove it in when I leave the house. I put my hair in a messy bun and apply make up. I put my heals on and leave while grabbing my phone.
"Right well I'll see you tomorrow"
"Your rather dolled up for a sleep over" Eldon says.
"What you should be saying is ' You look beautiful love, have fun tonight'"
And with that I leave. I throw my bag in my window and start walking to Stephanie's house.
Good thing there's a ally way short cut.

When I arrive the party has really kicked off with passed out people on the lawn already and beer cups everywhere. My stomach twists but I see Steph and she beams.
"Michelle!" She slurs clearly drunk already. "Here, have a drink"
I take the drink without thinking and down it in one gulp.
I see James in the corner and I instantly grab another drink off some random and down that too.
"Where can I get another drink?" I say the alcohol already seeping into my voice.
Steph pointed in James' direction.
I sigh and make my way over.
"Another party?" He scoffs.
"Got a problem?" I say drinking my shot.
"Did I say I did?" I can tell he's partly drunk.
I down another drink and take a step closer.
"No" I slur "but you expression says it all"
His eyes flutter down from my eyes to my lips and I find myself doing the same. He grabs my hand and drags me down the hallway where there are hardly any people.
"God you infuriate me" he says suddenly pinning me to the wall by placing his hands either side of the wall next to my head. My heart beats faster and faster with each second. I can't remove my eyes from his lips.
"But I can't stop thinking about you" he says and suddenly we are kissing intensely. His hands rake up and down my waist while our lips never loose connection.
God it feels good.