Chapter 19

James POV

"So how do you want to celebrate the last day of school?" Stephanie says at lunch. I look at Michelle and she's smiling her head off at something Riley said. I'm happy she's fitting in a little more with each day.
"I'm thinking party at mine. Just the seven of us. Well maybe not a party party. What about pizza and movies type of party?" Stephanie suggests.
"Sounds like a great idea Steph" I say.
"Surprised it came from your mouth" Michelle scoffs. Everyone laughs. Michelle smiles proudly.
"So it's ago?" Stephanie questions.
"Sounds good" West says.
"No" Riley pipes up.
"Why?" I sass back.
"Because. You'll have Michelle, West will have Emily, Hunter has Stephanie. I will not seventh wheel" she complains.
"Oh suck it up Riles and kiss a pillow" I snark. She rolls her eyes at me. I just laugh.

Last block just seemed to drag on. I longed for the end of the day and I wanted to see Michelle so bad. Since we opened up properly to each other a few weeks ago, I feel like I actually know her better.

The bell finally rings and I practically run out of the class to Michelle's one. I see her coming out of her English class with Hunter. They're laughing hysterically about something.
"Hey" I say to Michelle. She wipes away a tear of laughter an hugs me. I glare at Hunter behind her back and he just shrugs.
"Oh my god. Hunter did the funniest thing ever. Okay so the teacher said we were learning Shakespeare next term and he goes 'Oh, I think I did a play like by him in intermediate once, Romeo an Juliet" she mocks his voice "Then he goes 'Wait, that's Shakespeare right?' And the teacher goes 'No Hunter' sarcastically of course and he goes 'I knew it. I told everyone but no one believed me' and the teacher goes 'Hunter, I was being sarcastic, Of course Romeo ad Juliet is by Shakespeare' and now he has to have lunchtime and after school lessons" she starts cracking up laughing again. It isn't that funny but I laugh so she doesn't feel left out.
"God your an idiot Hunter" I say.
We all walk out and meet the crew in our normal morning hang out.
"So meet there around 5" Steph orders.
"Remember just a cool calm collective movie night" she says.
"Got it" I say and take Michelle's hand and we walk to my car.
I drive her home in silence.
"Do you want me to pick you up?" I ask.
"Yes please" she says collecting her things together. She looks up at me and kisses me goodbye.
"See you soon" I say as she gets out of the car. I wait for her to get inside before I leave.

Michelle's POV.

"Hey mum" I say. "Wait that's right she's not home"
I go to my room to get ready for tonight.

About forty five minutes later there's a knock at the door. When I open in I see James in the same clothes from school.
"Hey babe" he says kissing me. "You look nice" he compliments me.
"Thank you" I say walking to my room to grab my phone and stuff
"Does your mum know your going out tonight?" He's asks.
"Oh my god. Your not going to turn into another Eldon are you?" I snap. I can manage myself without people telling my mum every single thing.
"No. I'm sorry" he stutters.
"It's fine" I sigh.

We arrive a Stephanie's house. Surprisingly, she kept her word. Only the seven of us with movies and pizza.

We decide to make it a horror movie night. Watching the scariest of the scary movies out.
"Come on guys, you know I hate horrors, I don't even have anyone to snuggle with" Riley moans.
"Awh Riles, cry me a river" James jokes. She punches him on the shoulder and they laugh. They have a great connection.

At 8pm we start the first movie. I snuggle in close to James and he pulls me in tight. I look up and him and he looks at me. I smile and he kisses me.
"Guys, no pda during the movie" Riley complains. James throws a pillow at her and we all laugh.

This night turned out pretty good. Everyone had a great time and nothing bad or crazy happened.

James POV
I take Michelle home the next morning.
"You tired?" I ask her as she leans her head on my window.
"That'd be an understatement" she scoffs. I laugh a little.

I walk her inside and her mum is sitting on the couch.
"Michelle where were you? Oh that's where you were"
"I'm sorry. It was just a pizza and movie night. I swear" Michelle defends.
"It was. Nothing major. Just a end of term hang out with our friends at my sisters house" I say
She doesn't say anything but nods her head.
"Michelle?" Her mum says.
"Yea?"
"You need to go pack a bag. Your leaving or Eldons tonight. He's agreed to come pick you up. He'll be here soon"
"Excuse me?" She says stiffly. Oh god.
"I never agreed" she says taking a step to her mum. I grab her arm but she yanks it free.
"Yes but you need some time away" she says.
"I thought we moved here so I could start a new life. Not go back there" she says.
"I know Michelle but please. Only for a couple days. Just till Tuesday"
"Tuesday?" She scoffs.
"Michelle, I agree with your mum. I think it would be good for you" I speak up.
"Really? You too now? What, are you just gonna be another Eldon?" She stops when the door knocks.
"Michelle, go pack your things"
He mum orders.
Michelle storms off to her room and I follow behind her.
"Michelle" I say quietly to try and calm her.
"Not now James" she says not even looking at me.
"It's only four days" I say
"Yea, four days away from you" she squeaks. I can tell she's about to cry. I feel bad for her. I go up to her and hug her. She doesn't hug back but burrows her face in my chest and sniffles.
"It'll be fine" I say and kiss the top of her head.
I pack the rest of her clothes while she gets her girly stuff.
"Ready?" I ask about five minutes later
"I guess she says and I loop my arm around her waist.
Eldon and her mum are talking intently when we walk out.
"Ready?" Eldon asks. I can't believe I'm letting her spend four days with her ex fucking boyfriend. God if he tries something I'm gonna kill his scrawny ass.
"Yea" she whispers.

We walk out to the car and she hug me tight. We kiss before she gets into the car.
"I-" I stop myself before I say 'I love you'
"I'll see you in four days" she half smiles.
Do I love Michelle?