Chapter 8

James POV

It's lunch time and I try to talk to the teacher to get me out of detention.
"James. Actions come with consequences. Now. You have to make up for you actions as well as Michelle" he says as Michelle walks past. She just sighs and walks off.
"Right well-" I take a short quick breath in realisation that I need to talk to her.
"Michelle!" I yell grabbing her bag.
"What?" She snaps. Boy she is feisty.
"Like I said, I need to talk to you" I really need to see her feelings towards me. If she likes me or what. I can come to a conclusion on my feelings yet. Yes she infuriates me to know end. But there is something about her that makes me want more.
"Not now. I got to explain to Steph that I can't make training" she says frantically "she will kill me"
"Mich-"
"No"
"5 minutes"
She gazed off behind me and her eyes flicker back to me.
"Fine. Make it quick"
"I-well"
"Hurry"
"What- umm" ugh why can't I say this.
"James. I'm really sorry. Steph will kill me if I don't tell her. After school though. Remember?" She gives me a cheeky wink and runs off. I can't help but smile.
"Oooh James and Michelle aye?" An obnoxious voice says behind me.
"What do you want Hunter ?" I say. I'm really not in the mood for his shit.
"Nothing really. You coming to training tonight?"
"Can't. Got detention"
"Ooooh. Coach ain't gonna be to happy about that"
"You don't think I don't know that?" I raise my voice a little too loud and the people around us start to look.
"Chill bro" he says putting his hands up in defence.
"Whatever" I roll my eyes and walk off into the same direction as Michelle. I see her and Stephanie next to the basket ball bleachers. I can't help but listen.
"I'm sorry Steph" Michelle pleads.
"Well, sorry can't cut it"
"It wasn't exactly my fault it was James" wow. Thanks Michelle.
"Yea. You could've ignored him"
"I tried. I'm sorry"
"Michelle, your new. Your my best friend. Although I can't make special treatment to you. You get one leeway ad that's it"
"Oh my god. Thanks so much Steph" they hug. Why do girls hug all the time?

"So what were you and James doing that landed you in detention?" Steph inquiries.
"Ugh don't get me started. He kept throwing notes at me. Asking to meet me somewhere cause he wanted to talk"
"Did you reply to them?"
"Yea. Anyway. I turned to face him and well long story short. Teacher caught us and new the entire time. So yea" she seems ticked.
"What's with it between you and James. Your always on and off"
"Yea I dunno"
"I know what happened at the party. I seen yous. And I could tell. Have you told Eldon?"
"No. He's been so sweet. I can't tell Eldon. It will crush him"
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to stay with him. He makes me happy an he's loyal. I really like him. He said he is going to change and be there for me more so I'm going to forget about everything to do with boys and focus on Eldon" she looks like she struggled to say that.
"Do you really like Eldon though?"
"Well he was my first boyfriend. After my father died he's been the only male figure in my life. So yea. I respect him"
"How are your feelings towards James?"
"God. I hate him. He makes me soooo angry. I just want to punch him and rip my hair out every time I'm in his presence"
I don't even wait for we to finish. She sends me mixed signals but this is how she really feels?
Fuck her and fuck feelings.

Michelle's POV

"That's a little harsh"
"I wasn't finished. He may make me feel all of that. But really, I want more. He brings out a side of me that I love. He makes me feel free. With Eldon I feel like I'm someone different, but James? He makes me be myself. I dunno, If I had to choose, I'd choose James" I smile to myself. "Maybe I do have feelings for James" I giggle.
"Awww Mitchie. What about Eldon?"
I think for a moment. Do I want to be with Eldon?
"I think I might break up with him" I want to be with James. "I value our friendship more than a relationship anyway. We are more like siblings. He will understand. I want to be with James" I admit.
Oh my god. I want to be with James.