Chapter 33

Michelle pov

I wake up with my hair stuck to my face. I'm still in last nights outfit.
Last night. All the memories flood back. My breath hitches in the back of my throat. I check my phone. It's 9:30am and I already have so many missed calls and messages from James. I ignore them. Ill talk to him when I'm ready.
"Hey sweetheart" my mum says walking into my room.
"Hi" I croak. My voice comes out raspy and strained.
She sits on the end of my bed and looks at me with a pleading look.
"Your supposed to be a work" I tell her. My voice coming out quiet.
"I took the weekend off. Said my daughter needed me" she smiles softly at me.
I play with my hands in my lap.
"How about you get changed and I'll get out all the good heartbreak stuff" my mum says trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeah okay" I say sighing. Her smile drops as she leaves my room. I can feel my tears rising up. I blink them away. I get out of bed and change into leggings an a hoody. I shove my phone in my pocket and step into our kitchen living area and my mum has set up junk food and movies and a comfy place to sit.
I smile at the gesture.
My mum sees and and runs and gives my a hug.
I fight back the tears and bury my head in her shoulder.
"Come on Mitchie. Let's get started" she says jumping on the spot.

About five movies in there's a knock on the door.
"I'll get it" my mum says and jumps off the couch.
I check my phone for the first time this morning and see so many missed calls and texts from James.
The most recent one says 'I'm at your house now. Please listen to me'
"Mu-" before I can summon her back she answers the door. I listen in on what they say.
"Go away James. She clearly doesn't want to see you" my mum says.
"Please ma'am. I need to-" he voice is strained like he's been crying all night.
"No James. She'll speak to you-"
"Mum" I cut in standing beside her. James eyes widen in shock and Pity when I appear.
"Michelle please-" he pleads. My mum leaves us alone.
"James. What you did to me really hurt and-"
"I know ,Michelle it was a mistake I was drunk and I never meant for it to happen. I swear I was pushed"
I don't know if I believe him.
"Why were you even with her in the first place?" I ask. I can feel myself about to cry.
"I- I really don't know. I was looking for you and then I ended up in the kitchen with her and then it just happened"
"It just happened?" I scoff "I thought you were pushed into her?" Now I defiantly don't believe him.
"No Michelle. I was pushed. I swear I was" he's practically begging me to forgive him and believe him.
"Please forgive me"
"I don't know James"
"Michelle please"
"I just need time alright. This has never happened to me before and I know all about your reputation. So how do you think that's making me feel?" I can't stop the tears now.
It's silent between us.
"You should now" I say.
"Are we over?" He asks.
"I don't-" I furrow my eyebrows
"Are you breaking up with me?" He asks again. I look him in the eyes and I can see a side a James I've never seen before. I imagine him looking like this when his mother died or when his father left him.
"I- I just need some time to think about us" I say going inside and shutting the door quickly behind me.

James pov.
I feel a dark void in my chest that only Michelle can fill.
If she decides to dump me, I'll be finished. I'm being selfish. Maybe she should dump me, so I won't have to. But I'm all so selfish and hoping that she won't dump me so I can be with her for longer.
Our six month anniversary is coming up. I have less then five more months with her.