Chapter 20

Michelle's POV

When we arrive at Eldons place it's like I'm stepping back in a Old memory. The first time I met his parents when we became official.
He took in my heavy bag and walked through the door.
"We're home" he chants just like he did 3 years ago.
We walk into the lounge and his parents are sitting in their recliners. His dad reading the paper and his mum reading a healthy food magazine. I haven't seen these guys in ages.
"Oh Michelle" his mum says in a kind high pitched voice. She comes up and hugs me delicately.
"You look lovely" she says bring my hair to the front of either side of me. I smile
"Your looking as fresh as ever" I say back laughing a little. Obviously Eldon hasn't told his parents what I did to him or he did tell them but explained the circumstances of why I'm staying here.
"Eldon, take her things to the guest bedroom" she orders. "How long are you staying" She says dragging me to the couch and sits us down.
"Just till Tuesday" I say.
"Excellent. Just enough time for us to have a girly weekend before the fishing trip. Actually since we are leaving tomorrow morning, go grab your purse. We are going shopping" she says ecstatically.
I get up and grab my wallet and a jersey from my bags in the spare room. Eldon is still in there riding some things around. I look at him with a sad expression and leave with out saying a word.

"Michelle we are going to have the best time. We are going on the boat to the boat house, remember it?" She says happily.
"I do" I say. That house was amazing. It say right on the shore line. Had a beautiful view and was all in all incredible.
"Now the wether is suppose to be perfect. Did you bring swimwear?" She asks.
"No" I moan "I didn't know what the plans were"
"It's fine. We can get you some. Oh my god I can't wait"

We get to the stores and pretty much buy everything we see. Eldons mum buys most of my clothes. She know our financial state and she really doesn't care. That's what I love about this family.

"Wanna drink?" She asks.
"Yea sure. I'll buy, I Insist" I say. She half smiles in a meaningful way.
I order our drinks and we sit down to enjoy them.
"I heard you broke it off with Eldon" she says. A pain of guilt hits me.
"Yea, I'm real sorry" I plead
"Don't be lovey. It's your life an your decisions. When he came home after he found out he was guttered. He kept saying there was more he could've done but never did it. His dad and I told him to be there for you more but he was so focused an more concerned about getting into that college. I don't blain you for dumping him. It's in the past, as long as your happy. We are all happy" her words make me tear up.
"Thanks so much. That means alot" I say. She smiles at me.
"Now let's go. I think the boys are planning a nice heart meal for us"
I laugh and we leave with all of our bags of new clothes.

When we arrive, sure enough the boys are out on the barbecue cooking up a hearty meal.
"Looks good" I say taking in a whiff off all the food. "Smells good too" I laugh.
They all laugh as well. Eldon and I make eye contact and for the first time in a while he actually smiles at me and means it.
I go inside to check my phone and Eldon follows.
"Hey" I say and place my phone in between us.
"Hey" he says.
"I'm sorry" we say in sync.
"What?" I say confused.
"I could've handled the situation and I could've found more ways to keep you but I just didn't" he says.
"I'm sorry for cheating on you and lying" I say. "I feel ashamed" I look a the ground.
"Don't. Look" I look at him "I know your in love with James. I can see it in the way you look at him and how you act around him. He loves you too and I know because he looks at you in the same way I used too. I know I'll never have a relationship with you ever again but I miss our friendship" he says. I tear up.
"I miss you too" I say and hug him. He hugs me back. My phone starts ringing. We both look down at it and the picture of me and James appears as I set his contact image to that.
"You wanna answer that?" Eldon says not removing his eyes from the screen. Eldon and I never took pictures like that. We only ever kissed twice.
"Yea I guess" I say.
"Hello?" I say in to the phone and Eldon shuts the door behind him as I leave.
"Hey baby girl how are you?" James says.
"Missing you" I say. It's true.
"Aw I miss you too" it's hard to hear him as there is music in the background.
"Are you at a party?" I say.
"What? Oh yea. Hunters throwing one. I dunno why. He got board so yea" he basically shouts.
"Oh okay" I say.
"Well I have to go. I'll call you tomorrow"
"I wouldn't bother. We are going to their boat house and there's no reception" I say.
"Oh"
"Yeah. Well I'll see you on Tuesday and I'll call you as soon as we get back"
"Yeah sure. See ya Michelle"
"Bye James" I feel a pit concern in my stomach. I know James reputation with girls and parties. I just hope nothing happens.

James POV.

Hearing that Michelle is going to a boa house with that family kills me. I want to be the one taking her. Not her ex fucking boyfriend and they're family.
I don't even know why I'm at this party. It's lame and boring as shit. I only came cause I was missing Michelle.
"Yo bro" Hunter says and sits next to me.
"Sup" I say.
"You know, after this whole bet is over, do you mind if I have Michelle for a few days?"
"Are you fucking kidding?!" I yell and stand up. "Your dating my fucking sister and your already planning on Hooking up with my girlfriend at the end of the year?" I've attracted a audience "Your out of your mind" I says and pull him up by his collar. "Just stay away from Michelle, you got that you little faggot?" I say and drop him back on the couch.
I leave the party fuming. How dare he say that to me. I knew he had the hots for Michelle. But the fact he said it to my fucking face just proves he's a bigger ass hole than I thought