Chapter 17

Michelle's POV

I wake up in a nice warm bed. With a arm cradled around me, it feels like I'm in some love movie.
I snuggle in a little closer and James starts shifting.
"Shit" I whisper yell. God, I hope I didn't wake him. I try to roll over so I can face him.
When I do, I see he's smiling.
"Morning beautiful" he mumbles in a tired voice.
"Morning" I giggle "I hope I didn't wake you"
"Nah" he says and sits up. I see he his only wearing track pants and I'm still in last nights clothes.
"You wouldn't happen to have some spare clothes, would you?" I ask.
"Yea sure. I think I have some of Stephs clothes" he says getting up. He digs threw his drawers and pull out a pair of leggings. Then he goes to his wardrobe and pulls out one of his hoodies.
"Bathroom is over there" he says handing my the clothes "but first" he pulls me up and leans down an kisses me.
It's pretty perfect.
I wouldn't min waking up like that every morning. In the arms of the one I love.
I walk into the bathroom with the clothes an lock the door.
"Would he mind if I have a shower? Eh" I wonder aloud.

James POV.

I grab a simple white V neck and throw it on as Michelle gets into the shower.
Last night was amazing. I never knew I was capable of being like this. I'm used to one night stands. But she's different. I can't let her go but I can't become attached. I know what's going to happen at the end of the year. I need to be able to move past heart break. It's just, with her. I feel like I can do anything.
"James!" I hear her yell from the bathroom "I forgot to get a towel"
I shake my head.
"Coming" I yell back. I grab her a towel and knock on the door. She opens it an her soaked head appears around the corner. Her smile is ear to ear in embarrassment.
"Thanks" she says grabbing the towel.
"Wait" I say pulling it back.
"James" she moans. I grab my phone from my dresser an quickly take a picture.
"James, delete that now"
"If I do your not getting this towel"
She contemplates this for a moment before sticking her hand out for the towel. I smile proudly knowing I get to keep this photo.
She quickly shuts and locks the door.
I go and lay on my bed an sift through the photos taken from last night.
I use the one of us kissing for my home screen and the one of her reaction when she first saw me down at the river bank.
These photos are priceless.

Michelle comes out of the bathroom wearing the clothes I gave her. The pants were to tight and the hoodie was to big.
She looked adorable without All the makeup and her hair natural.
"You look beautiful" I say sitting up and grabbing her off of feet. I pull her down on top of me onto the bed. She squeals and then starts laughing.
She looks at me then leans down to kiss me. I kiss her back and take control. I tighten my grip around her waist and deepen the kiss. But her phone goes off and won't shut up.
"Sorry" she says and gets up to answer her phone.
I sit up. Her face looks annoyed and angry.
"Yep,okay,yep, Yep. Whatever" she hangs up.
"That was interesting" I joke.
"Yea I guess. I have to go now" she pouts and sits on the end of the bed.
"Was it your mum?" I ask crawling next to her.
"Yea" she sighs.
"Five minutes?" I ask pulling her on my lap and lying down. She smiles flirtatiously an kisses me.
Her phone goes off again.
"Damnitt" she mumbles into the kiss.
"Want me to drive you?" I ask as we sit up.
"Yes please"
I gather her things and we walk to my car.

Michelle's POV.

The car ride is silent and I go through the messages on my phone.
50 missed from James. I open it and see that they are all the pictures taken from last night. I smile at then reliving each moment.
"Here we are" he says breaking the silence.
"Thank you for such an amazing night" I say looking at him.
"Anytime"
I lean in and we kiss for a while.

"Have a good day. I'll see you tomorrow" I tell him.
"I'll pick you up" he smirks. I shake my head and walk to my house. When I get inside my mother is sitting on the couch.
"Where were you?"
"I went on a date with James last night" I tell her.
"Why didn't you come home?" She awful calm about this.
"It was really late and I fell asleep so I stayed at his"
"Stayed at his" she scoffs
"Do you have a problem?" I ask
"Do I have a problem? Hmm let me think. Yes. I do have a problem with you staying out all night without so much as a note, staying at some guys house and-"
"Some guy? He's my boyfriend. A better one then ever Eldon was"
"Michelle" my mum croaks.
I look up and see Eldon walk around the corner from the kitchen.
"That's good to know Michelle. you know I came here to give you a second chance. Not at a relationship but maybe a friendship. But now that I know I was a terrible boyfriend-"
"I never said you were a terrible boyfriend. I'm just saying, since James is actually here for me he's different. He makes me feel different" I say
There's silence. It's awkward. I just want to get out of there. I start walking to my room
"Who's clothes are they?" My mum says.
"What does it matter!?" I yell. I storm to my room, chuck last nights outfit on my bean bag and collapse on my bed.
How can a night so perfect end up like this?

"I'm going out" I say.
"Fine. Don't expect us to be here when you get back" mum says.
"Fine" I grab my keys and go. I don't now where I'm going. I'm still in my clothes from this morning. As I walk past a park I see my mum and Eldon drive past and turn down to go on the motor way.
I walk back home and text James.
'Wanna come over?'
'Sure thang' he replies within seconds.

"Missed me so much you couldn't bare be apart from me?" He smirks when I open the door.
"Shut up. How'd you get here?" I say after noting there is no car.
"Walked" he shrugs.
Moments later He picks me up and kisses me hard. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.
He finds his way to my room and lies us down on my bed.
We continue kissing intently for a long time.
It feels amazing. This is what I've always wanted, someone who isn't afraid.
I hear the closing of doors and the front door unlocking.
"Shit. Mums not supposed to be home and neither and am I. Or you" I whisper yell. We quickly get up and hide in my closet. Me in front by the doors.
I hear voices. Not only is it my mum. But Eldon too. I thought they were going to the airport.

"I just don't now what to do Eldon" I hear my mum say. Our walls are very thin so you can hear just about anything.
"I know" he comforts her.
"She's staying out every weekend. She's changed so much since we left"
"Maybe she needs to come back for a while. The holidays are coming. My mum will happily take her for two weeks"
"That's a good Idea"

"No it's not" I whisper yell. "Uh James. Stop moving" I say feeling a awkward movement near my hips.
"I'm not" he says matter-of-factly.
"Well, a part of you is" I say.
"Fuck!"
I start laughing silently.
"Shut up" he moans, clear embarrassed. I turn around to face him and he smiles. He pulls me up and we start kissing in my closet.

"How long do you reckon we'll be in here?" He asks after a while.
"Gimme your phone" I say. He pulls out his phone and I dial Eldons number.
"Say there's a huge sale a Backdoor, 70% off everything. They'll be gone in a instant" I tell him.

He does as I say and with in minutes they're both gone.
"Told you" I say as we step out of the cupboard.
"Wanna go for a walk?" He asks. I nod my head.
We walk the same route I did earlier on and we stop at the park.

I prefer moments like this with James when we're not in the school environment and we can be ourselves.
"Hey James!" We look up and see West,Stephanie,Riley,Hunter and Emily come towards us.
"Fuck" he mumbles.
"Hey Michelle" Steph says and sits next to me. Well on top of me pretty much.
"Hey love birds" West mocks.
"Fuck off West what do you guys want?" James is pissed.
"Oh nothing. Just strolling by as we see our favourite couple. So why not say hi" there was something about the way Hunter said that, that made my insides twist and James stand up.
"James" I say
"Well, you've said hi. Now leave" he seethes.
"Woah bro. Calm down" West says and backs off. The gang leaves us alone and James sits down.
"Everything okay?" I ask wearily.
"Fine" he huffs. "I'm sorry" he says.
"It's okay" I say.