Chapter 16

Michelle's POV

I walk back out to the cafeteria. I see James sitting there with his mates laughing and carrying on.
There's no way I could fit in with them.
We make eye contact and he summons me over.
I quickly make my wave over and stand next to James.
"Hey babe" he smirks.
"Babe?" I question quietly. The group laughs.
"Yea, come sit" he says sliding over to make room for me. I cautiously sit down as the others all stare at me with smirks.
After a while they all start on there own conversations and I just play with a tooth pick.
"What's up?" James whispers in my ear. I flinch to the side be he smoothly drapes his arm over me and pulls me closer to him.
"Nothing" I mumble.
"Bullshit Michelle, you should know by now that you can't lie to me"
I look at him an see he's smirking a flirtatious look.
"I dunno. I just don't fit in with these guys" I say.

James POV.

As much as it pains me to have to lie to Michelle and go behind her back, I can afford to pay them and loose my spot on the team. They're having scouts all season long and I need a scholarship or else I can't get into that university.
"Wanna go for a walk?" I ask her quietly. I know something's wrong with her. I wish I could tell her. But I can't risk it. Except the thing is I'm no going to be pretending.
The only time this relationship will be a lie is at the end of year ball. She'll hate me forever.
"Yea sure" she mumble. She stands up, I grab her hand and we leave the cafeteria.
We walk out to the football field and sit on the bleachers.
"What's up?" I ask her
"You know" he mumbles.
"No, why'd you leave?"
"Cause you practically ditched me like you were ashamed when you saw your friends" she says.
"I'm sorry, I got caught off guard" I tell her. It was sort of a lie. I'm not ashamed of her, I just didn't want them to make a fool out of me or Michelle. She wouldn't understand.
"It's fine" she sighs.
There's silence between us.
"So what're you doing tonight?" I ask her. I've been planning our first date all weekend long. I really want to make it special. Especially now since her mum hates me.
"I dunno. Not much just cheerleader practice" she says.
"Anything after?" I ask.
"No" She says looking down and a breeze blows her hair back.
I nod my head, know she can't see.

Michelle's POV

After practice. I walk home alone. I've been bummed all day. I'm just hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
No school so that'll be good.
I get home and see there's a shopping bag at the door.
'Michelle, Wear this and don't open the next card till 6:30-James xx'
I furrow my eyebrows.
What's going on?
I grab the bag and go inside. I place it on the bench and see a beautiful dress inside. I'm in awe.
It's 5:45 so I decide to wash up and get ready.
I'm really intrigued at this. I'm not sure what James has planned but I'm a little excited.
6:30 rolls around so I open the next envelope.
'Hey baby I bet you look beautiful. Follow these directions and I'll see you soon- James xx'
I turn the paper over an see these directions lead to the park. I grab my phone and keys and shove it in my clutch before leaving. Im glad the park isn't to far away so I don't have to walk far.
When I get there, I see another envelope in a rose bush.
'Hey, your so close. Just open the box and follow the next set of directions-James xx'
When I open the box I see on of the bluetooth polaroid printers. The directions lead down to the river just past the park.
When I arrive my eyes land on another card.
'Your so close. Just turn on the devise and look up -James xx'
I do as the note says, when I look up I see James in a tux smiling while taking a picture. The device makes a noise and suddenly a polaroid picture comes out of me. I look down at it a smile. James comes over to me and sweeps me of my feet holding me bridal style. He carries me down to the river bank where a picnic is set up.

James POV

I made so sure this date was perfect and by the look on Michelle's face, I think it was.
"As far as first dates go" she says "This is perfect"
I look down at her and smile. She smiles back and in no time we are kissing. Full of passion and love.
I plan to treasure every second spent with Michelle. From now till the end of the year, I never want to let her go.

On the car ride back, Michelle sleeps. I decide to take her back to mine. I carefully lay her on my bed and remove her shoes and jewellery.
I go and sit on my couch ,looking at the photos taken tonight. Without her knowing I had a camera set up on a timer, capturing every genuine moment.