Chapter 32

Michelle pov

It's getting kinda late and I'm bored. I'm a little drunk but I want to go home. I wander around trying to find James.
"Hey have you seen James?" I ask someone. This person smirks at me.
"Yeah. He's in the kitchen" they say looking me up and down. I flash them a dirty look and head towards the kitchen.
When I walk through the entrance I see James kissing another girl. My heart stops beating. My breath is caught at the back of my throat. What's going on? The kiss looks intense. I'm frozen to the spot. They pull apart and I just get out of there. I can't bear to see anymore. I knock into someone and spill their drink down their front.
"I'm sorry" I choke out.
"Hey" he grabs my arm and I see its Hunter.
"Please" I say. " I need some air" tears start to spill out of my eyes.
"Alright" he says looking around. Hunter guides me carefully outside. We walk over to the side of the road and sit down on the curb.
I lean my head on his shoulder and the tears pour out. He comforts me without saying anything. Just wraps his arm around my shoulders. I am thankful for having Hunter in my life.
"So what happened?" He asks cautiously. I look up at him but the tears do not cease.
"James" I choke "he-he was kissing another- another girl" I break into sobs now.
"He what?!" Hunter sounds pissed. I don't say anything but continue to cry. Hunter hugs me tightly likes he's trying to hold my pieces together.
"Hunter!" I hear a familiar voice grumble. "Hands off"
Hunter lets go and stands up.
"You have no right saying that" Hunter snaps.
"Oh really?" James snarks. I hear a loud thud and see Hunter hunched over.
"James!" I yell. Hunter stands up and punches James in the nose.
"My god stop it!" I yell standing up.
"Michelle" James pleads "I can explain"
I shake my head and bite my lip breaking the eye contact between up.
"Explain what James" my voice cracks. I'm going to cry again.
"Please Michelle I didn't know what was happening and I got pushed into her I swear" he says hurriedly.
"Really? Why didn't you stop it? Why'd you kiss her for so long?" I start shaking and tears pool out my eyes again.
"James you cheated on me!" I yell.
"Michelle" he tries.
"No" I cut him off trying to stay strong. "No" I whisper and walk away. I leave both of the boys standing in the lawn.
I dial my mums number.
"Mum" I croak.
"Hi sweet heart what's wrong? I thought you were celebrating" she sounds concerned
"Mum" my tears just don't stop "can you come get me. Please" I beg. My voice is shaky.
"Of course honey"
I give her the street name and within minutes she arrives.
I get in the car and I break into sobs.

James pov.
The last look of Michelle I see is of a broken heart.
What have I done?
I place my hands behind my neck and pace the lawn. I don't even think about my throbbing nose.
"God I'm such a fuck up!" I kick and beer can as I yell as loud as I can.
"Yeah. You are" Hunter says from the ground.
"Shut up. You shut up now" I yell getting closer to him. "She'll never forgive me" I say walking away from him.
"What about the bet?" Hunter asks. I just explode.
"Fuck the bet man! God I just want to see Michelle. This whole bet thing is your fault!" I yell.
"So you really love her?" He asks.
"I-" I stop myself. I don't want to tell Hunter how I really feel about Michelle. He'll just run and tell West
"The fuck you care for?"

Michelle's pov

When I get home I instantly collapse on my bed and cry my eyes out once again. Why would James cheat on me? Is he bored of me? I know he had a reputation but I thought that didn't mater anymore. I thought he loved me.
Just thinking about those things makes me cry even harder.
My mum comes in to comfort me.
"Awh Mitchie" she say rubbing my back. It's a little past 2am and I know my mums exhausted an that she has work tomorrow.
"Mum" I croak through tears. "You can go to sleep. I know you have work" a loud sob escapes my mouth.
"Baby I'm not leaving you home alone through your first heart break. Come on. Let's go out and watch a movie or something" she tries to encourage.
I roll on my back and sit up a little. I see mums eye widen in shock for a split second.
"I kinda just want to sit in my room and morn" I say my voice shaking. The tears stopped but my lip keep quivering and my breaths are short and fast.
"Do you want to be alone or shall I stay?" She asks. I close my eyes to control the tears.
"Alone" I croak. I bite my lip and I start crying again. If this is what cheating feels like what is it gonna be like if we break up.
I crash my head on my pillow and cry myself to sleep.