Chapter 7

Michelle's POV

"Eldon lets go" I say as I to him.
"But I just got food" he says innocently. I turn to face him and see James storming over.
"Well take it to go. I want to go home" I say getting angrier by the second.
"You know what, whatever. I'm Leaving. You can stay or go. I don't care" I walk off. I hate James so much. I know at any second he can just tell Eldon that I cheated. At this point, I don't care. I just want to get away from James.
I get outside and walk to the bus stop. I turn back a dont see Eldon anywhere. I get into the bus and take a window seat. God what have I done.

After about a hour of driving around on the bus. I get home.
I walk into the kitchen and see a little parcel and note on the bench.

My dearest Michelle,
I'm sorry for any pain I've caused you. You seem really on edge lately and it didn't seem like I was helping. I really wish I could be a better boyfriend to you. One to support you and be there for you. I really do. I hope you like my gift. I spent all day trying to find it. I'm sorry I didn't say a proper goodbye before I left for home. I hope next time I see you I can make it up to you. From Eldon.

My eyes start to tear up. I grab the gift the sit down on the tiled floor. I open the gift and see a fully charmed pandora bracelet. I fiddle with the charms and smile. Eldon has been so amazing. I've been so unloyal. I can't accept it.
I turn over the note an see a cheeky comment.
By the way. You have to accept it. There's no refunds ;)
I smile to myself and put the bracelet back in its box.
"What have I gotten myself into?" I say quietly to myself.

-
-
-

It's Monday morning and I get a ride to school with Stephanie.
"That's a cute bracelet" she comments as we walk into the school. I see James and I barf in my mouth.
"Thanks, Eldon gave it to before he left" I say loudly as we walk past James' group. I see the same brunet clinging to him on my first day. I roll my eyes and I hear Stephanie yelp.
I turn and I see she looks angry.
"What did I say about the uniforms?" She says angrily leaving me. I laugh to myself an walk to me locker.
"Nice bracelet" I hear some obnoxious voice scoff next to me
"Thanks it was a gift" I say bored like. Where's my bio book?
"Eldon?"
"What's it to ya?"
"Nothing. I was just asking" he says getting annoyed.
I just sigh and continue rummaging through my locker.
"Where's your old new girlfriend?" I ask cockily.
"Riley? Oh nah. She's off some where. Why? Jealous?" He smirks.
I finally give up on my bio book. Partly because I can't stand being anywhere near James any longer. I turn to look at him.
"Why would I be jealous?" I snap and slam my locker shut while storming off.
I really feel like crying. I can't stand James anymore.
I'm afraid if I go near him I'm going to kiss him.
I walk into my bio class and see my book on the table in the middle row and James sitting diagonally behind it. I narrow my eyes and go take a seat.
I can feel his eyes burning a hole in my head. I turn to face him and he is caught of guard. I laugh to myself.
A note gets thrown onto my lap. I pick it up and read it.

Your welcome.

I am so confused. I look back at him and he faces forward holding back a smile.
What for?
I throw the note back without the teacher seeing.
After a couple minutes the note lands on my lap.
Your bio book. It was on top of the lockers. Well actually that's my book. Your one had heaps of shit written and drawn on it. And literally, there was shit on it.
I make a weird gag like noise but casually change it into a cough as the teacher turns around. I head James snicker behind me.
Thanks. :/
I throw the note back. A few seconds later he throws it back to me.
Meet me by the bleachers outside on the baseball pitch. Please.
I contemplate this for a second. Should I?
What for?
I write and throw it back. He throws something at the back of my head. I turn and she him trying to contain a laugh.
'What?' I mouth.
'Please?' He replies.
'No'
'After training then' he whispers.
'Why' I whisper back.
'Cause I need to talk to you' he whisper shouts.
I hear a deep voice clear his voice behind me. James' eyes widen in fear and I turn around. Our teacher stands there. And he looks angry.
"Care to explain what you were talking about?" He asks us. Suddenly all eyes are on James and I. I feel my cheeks heat up.
"We were just-" James starts.
"I'm not a fool. I saw you passing notes. Detention. Both of you. After school"
"But sir. I've got training after school. In preparation for the opening home game season"
"And I've got cheer training for the opening home game season"
"Well you should've thought about that before distributing my lesson" he says walking off. I sigh in my seat and pull my middle finger to James without looking. He throws the note back.
Now you have to listen to what I have to say.
I can hear the smirk in his comment and my insides twist.