Chapter 42

Michelle's pov

"Mum can you believe this is happening? My first ever prom" I say excitedly as I walk out of my bedroom.
"I know sweetie. Your growing up to fast" she says wiping a tear.
"Aw mum" I hug her tightly. I hate seeing my mum cry.
"Well love you better start getting ready"
"Yeah okay" I say smiling. I'm so excited

It's 5:30 and I'm all ready. The prom doesn't start till 6:00 but I'm just so eager.
"So what time is James coming?"
"I um I dunno, he told me he'd pick me up at 5:30" I say looking at my phone.
"Sweet heart don't worry. He's probably running late"
"Yeah," my hearts running a million miles a minute "your probably right" I say sighing.
My phone goes off and it's James. Finally.
'Look out your window ;)'
I smile curiously at my phone but run to my front door and look outside. I see a big white limo slowly drive past my house. I smile. Did James really plan this?
It keeps going past and I loose hope. Through the window though, I see James with two other girls. My lip quivers and tears well up in my eyes.
"Mum I'm meeting everyone there" I lie.
"Aw okay sweets. Take heaps of photos" she says
"I will" I grab my car keys and drive as fast as I can to the school.
I need to see James. I'm so confused.
I try to hold back the tears.
Maybe it wasn't him. Maybe I was just imaging it.
I arrive at the school and see the girls.
"Hey" I sigh.
"Michelle you look beautiful" the girls say. They all have a look of sadness and sorrow.
"You guys alright?" I ask.
"Yeah" Stephanie says quietly while tucking a hair behind my ear. Her eyes dart behind me and fill with anger.
"Steph?" I question and turn around.
There's James with Amanda and Thalia clinging to him. His smile is broad and proud.
"Uhm" slips from my mouth. I blink away tears.
"Michelle" Stephanie says so quietly it comes out in a whisper. I can't take my eyes away from James. His gaze finds mine and he smirks. The two girls walk off and James goes in the other direction.
"I'll be right back" I say my voice shaking.

James pov

"Happy?" I say smirking
"Did you see her face?"
"Crack up" the boys laugh
"I know right" I lie.
I have a plan. Who cares about the money or my football team. It's not worth it. The money's not problem and the scholarship? Well there will be more opportunities out there.
"So what are you saying to her?" Hunter asks.
"How I never loved her, how annoying and clingy she was and how she deserves to be alone" I lie. This hurts so much. The boys eyes widen and they slap their hands over the mouths an contain their laughter.
I turn around and my jaw drops.
"Is that really what you think?"
Her voice is so shaky and strained I almost didn't recognise it.
"Michelle"
She runs away in horror and shock.
"Fuck" I run after her.