Chapter 6

James POV

I don't know what got into me. But once I started I couldn't stop.
God she was an amazing kisser. Such passion,regret but always wanting more.
She pulls apart with utter horror on her face.
"Eldon" she whispers under her breath. "Oh my god what have I done" she runs out of the party leaving me there dumbfounded.
Though, I find myself running after her.
"What are you doing?" I yell
"I have a boyfriend at home"she says. I can see the pain and regret in her face, but there's also something else that I can't name.
She starts pacing the lawn.
"Michelle" she ignores me.
"Michelle" and again
"Michelle!" I yell grabbing her shoulders. "God calm down. I'll take you back to mine so you can sleep this off"
"No. I need to go home. Take me home" she demands.
"No" I say.
"But I need to tell Eldon"
I take a step closer to her and I can see the fire start in her eyes.
"Do you really want to tell Eldon?" I ask. She shakes her head then wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me again. I back us against the fence.
I can taste the saltiness of tear seeping into our kiss and when I break apart she slides down the fence. Tears stream down her face as she mumbles things to herself.
"Michelle?" I say. I have no Idea what to do.
"I'm sorry" she mumbles before getting up and walking back towards the party leaving me there confused.
Do I have feelings for Michelle?
I feel hatred and also compassion. But I can't ever be with her. She's to much of a stiff. Besides I hate commitments anyway.
I stroll back to the party and I can't find Michelle anywhere.
"Yo Steph, have you seen Michelle?" I ask. She is so shit faced.
"Uhhh yea. She's real upset though I wouldn't bother her. Especially you right now. She's so pissed" she starts laughing at the end.
"Useless" I mumble. I take a seat on the couch an grab another beer to push away these feelings.

Michelle's POV

It's Saturday morning and I wake up in Stephanie's room with a headache. I go into her bathroom an see my makeup is all smeared and smudged down my face. I wipe it off with some make up remover I find on her desk.
I can't go home in last nights outfit. Eldon would question me then tell my mother. Eldon. I betrayed him. He's always been so loyal to me. And I just cheated on him less than 12 hours ago. What is wrong with me. I almost start crying again when I hear a knock on the door.
"Come in" I say.
"Hey baby girl here's a panadol" Steph says handing me one.
"Thanks" I mumble and take it.
"Um if you don't mind me asking, may I please borrow something to wear?" I ask.
"Yea sure thing" she says walking into her room. She pulls out some jeans and a crop top.
"Here. You can keep them"
"Thanks" I mumble.
"You alright?" She yells through the bathroom door.
"Uhhm" I don't exactly want to tell her what happened. I barely remember the events that took place but what I do is horrifying. "Not really. I was so drunk"
"Tell me about it" she scoffs as I walk out.
"Well thanks for inviting me to the party"
"Anytime" she smiles.
"I'll see you Monday" I say walking out with my clothes and phone.
"Sure thing"
I walk home in regret. I can't face Eldon. Not with this huge weight on my shoulders. But if I tell him, he'll tell my mum.
I get to my house and see James' car parked out front. "Shit" I say aloud and practically sprint to the door. I open it and see James and Eldon having a laugh on the couch. My heart beats a million times a minute. What if he tells him about the party? The lie? The kiss?
"James. What are you doing here?" I question stiffly. He looks up at me and smirks knowing his blackmail against me. Just one look and all of last nights events flood into me. I can feel his lips on mine, the way his hands slid up an down my waist.
"I just stopped by to give you these" he holds up the keys to my house. I don't even remember grabbing them.
"How'd you get them?" I demand while snatching them. I check over them, they're definitely mine.
"You left them and Stephanie's"
"Why were you there?" I hope he catches on. He narrows his eyes for a moment then says "I stopped by right after you left this morning and seen them on the bench" I left out the breath I didn't realise I was holding.
"Well thanks, now you can leave"
"Michelle, don't be so rude. James do you want to stay?" Eldon says.
Damnitt Eldon. Just shut up.
"Yes Michelle listen to your boyfriend" James mocks. Actually I was heading to the mall for lunch. Why don't you join me. I'll drive" he smile cockily.
"Well-" I say but Eldon cuts me off
"Sounds sweet. That'd be nice"
"But Eldon. Your only up for the weekend. I thought you wanted to spend it with me" I say my voice getting higher.
"Michy, it's only lunch" he says. I let out a sigh.
"Fine" I grab my wallet and shoe everyone out the door.
I sit in the back out James' car while Eldon sat in the front. God he can be embarrassing.
"So Michelle, how was last night?" Eldon asks. My heart beats faster and faster. I see James look at me blankly through the mirror.
"Umm. It was fine. You know, girly stuff" I lie. I glance back up at the mirror an James narrows his eyes at me.

We arrive at the mall and head straight for the food court. He didn't even hold my hand. I was standing in between James and Eldon. I was so tempted just to grab James'. I know he wouldn't be ashamed to. Would he? I look up at his stern face. I get the urge to kiss his cheek but I stopped myself as Eldon was with us. James catches me staring at him.
"Eldon, why don't you order for us. I'll have whatever you have" he says.
"Okay. Michelle?"
"Nah I'll come" I urge.
"No it's alright, I'll surprise you" he says smiling and walks off. I sigh and James turns to me before pushing me around the corner out of sight from Eldon.
"What are you playing at?" I hiss
"Me?! Have you taken a look at yourself. Lying straight up to your boyfriend like that" he says sharply.
"It's not like that" I say. Loosing this battle.
"Oh really" he says Inching closer "Why don't you break up with him?"
I back into the wall and he places his hands either side of my head as he did last night. My breath hitches in my throat and I swallow the urge to kiss him.
"I-" I can't speak.
"I saw you checking me out earlier. The temptation is to strong isn't it" his eyes flicker to my lips every now and then.
"I know exactly the type of person you are" I say speaking up and taking a step forward.
"Your just a stupid player who thinks he has every girl under his wing. 'Oh mister hot shot' Captain of the football team. Well James. Your not mister hot shot. Your just a boy who's afraid of commitment"