Chapter 9

(A/N listen to the song 'My Love' by Sia while reading this)

Michelle POV

So I walk into detention and smile at James. I want to tell him how I feel. It's scary, you don't know if they're gonna feel the same way that you do.
He sees me but totally ignores me. Did I do something wrong?
I take my seat in front of him.
"Right you will do-" I ignore the teacher. I can't help but think about James. He wanted to spend this entire time to talk to me but he won't even look at me.
"I'll be back in a hour. If it's not done by then. Forget about cheerleading and football for the rest of the term" I look up as he leaves.
I turn and face James and he just turns around a gets up and starts attending to the book shelf. I get up and walk over to him. I hear him sigh.
I just bow my head and start tiding m section of the shelf.

James POV

Now that I know how she really feels about me, I can't stand to look at her. Who does she think she is. Leading me on? When that's how she really felt. It's disgusting. I can't believe I've fallen for her.
"James?" she question after 45minutes of silence. I don't look at her. I'm afraid I'll just crumble.
"What" I seethe. I hear her let out a sad sigh. As much as this pains me, I can't fall for someone who absolutely hates me.
"Nothing" she croaks. I steal a glance an see she's near tears. Good.

The teacher comes back and dismisses us. Michelle grabs her bag as fast as she could and basically runs out of the class. When she turned to grab her bag I saw a single tear streak down her face. Why would she be crying?

Michelle POV.

I run to the bathroom after detention and clean myself up. I don't know why I'm crying. I just, I actually thought James liked me. I don't understand this sudden mood change.
I walk out of the bathroom and see some blonde chick glued to James' lips. My jaws drops and a slight gasp slips past my lips. They pull apart. The girl won't remove her eyes from James and James has a look of satisfaction in his eyes as he stares down at me. I leave as fast as I can. I just want to get out of there.

When I get home I collapse on my bed and start crying again. How could I be so foolish. Actually think that James liked me. The tears run down my face even faster. I was willing to break up with Eldon for that?
I can't believe it.
I just need to eliminate James from my life entirely. I will be much happier with out him.