Chapter 14

Michelle's POV

Shit. Oh my god.
As I see Eldons sad face looking at me I can't help but worry that James is going to appear.
I take a step forward outside and close the door behind me.
"What're you doing here?" I ask.
"I was planning a surprise visit. But when you told me you were dumping me I couldn't turn back. I was already down your street" his voice cracks. I can see his eyes are red and puffy. He's been crying.
"Eldon I'm so sorry. This is actually a really bad time at the moment. I'm really stressed and-"
"Michelle?"
Fuck. James appears by my side and stares at Eldon. I do to an I can see anger and hurt rising in his eyes.
"What is he doing here?" James asks.
"I might as the same thing" Eldon says. I've never seen him like this.
Both are fuming and I'm speechless. Dumbfounded.
"Are you seeing him?" Eldon says his voice filled no longer with pain, but with anger and disappointment.
"Um"
"She's my girlfriend" James says proudly snaking his arm around my waist.
"Girl-girlfriend " Eldon stutters. I can literally hear his heart break.
"Eldon" I whisper.
"I should've known" he says. He takes a step back an raises his hands up to his forehead.
"Eldon I'm sorry" I plead.
"Sorry?! Michelle, you told me there was no other guy involved. You lied straight to me and you think sorry can just fix this? How long has this been going on?"
I'm silent. So is James. I'm ashamed of myself.
"How long?!" He yells. I jump a little.
"Bro, don't talk to Michelle like this" James defends wrapping both arms around me. I bury my face in his chest to hide me shame.
"I can talk to her however I want" he snaps.

James POV.

I don't know who Eldon thinks he is, but he will not speak to Michelle like this.
"Can't you see your scaring her?" I yell tightening my grip around Michelle.
"I think it's best if you leave" I tell him.
"You know, you really deserve each other. A lying cheat and a player. Don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart. Cause I sure as hell won't be there to mend it" he says walking off.

Michelle's POV.

I get it. He's hurt. I played him like a fool. He had a right to yell at me. I really did deserve it. I knew he'd find out soon. I just didn't expect to be in this way and hurt this much.

James and I sit on the couch. I curl into a ball and he holds me. We sit in silence. It's nice. A boom of thunder shakes the house and it starts to rain.
"Want to watch a movie?" He asks.
"Yea" I try to smile.
He gets up and grabs a old classic movie 'The Outsiders' then goes back and grabs the duvet from my bed and a packet of popcorn. I smile at his gestures as he sits down and bundles us up together and plays the movie.

James POV

By the time the movie is over, Michelle is sound asleep. Her face is scrunched up as a piece of hair falls. I put it back for her just as her mum walks In.
"Hey Michelle so-" she stops mid sentence and sees me there cradling her daughter.
"Umm I'll just leave you too" I can see the awkwardness,confusion and a little disappointment on her face as she looks me her Michelle and I and walks away.
Michelle starts to turn around and lays on her back with her head in my lap. I give her all of the blanket and wrap her up while playing with her hair.

Yo bro, where are you. You'd said you'd meet us.
I just my phone and see that Hunter had texted. Oh well. I'd much rather be here with Michelle.