Chapter 10

Michelle POV

All week I've been avoiding everyone. James, Stephanie, my mum an Eldons calls. I feel so drained. After seeing James with that girl it killed me.
They've been together all week. Glue to each other's mouths. I makes me sick o my stomach. I try to forget about James, I try to move on. It's just so hard. I wish I didn't feel like this.
"Hey girl you seem really down lately" Steph says to me. It's lunch time and we are sitting on the bund by the football field.
"Yea I dunno" I mumble. I watch the team practice. I see James personal slut of a cheerleader.
"Is it James?" She questions. My air hitches in the back of my throat. I close my eyes for a while to stop the tears.
"Yea" I croak. She doesn't say anything for a while.
"I can talk to him. Really I can"
"No it's alright" I say.
"You sure? We have this thing, some history you know. I can talk to him"
"History?" I question. She didn't date him as well did she?
"Ohh. I'm ummm. I didn't mean it like that no. I would never date my brother"
Her eyes widen in shock.
"BROTHER?" I yell.
"Shush" she says. "Yes brother. But our parents spilt up. He went with my mum and I stayed with dad. My mum died a few years back and my dad is a pilot so he's never home. And James moved out so he lives on his own"
"Oh" I say. "I never new. I'm sorry" I say.
"It's okay. I actually get that a lot" she giggles but then she turns serious "that's why James is the way he is. He's never had a male or female figure really there in his life to tell him right or wrong or how to treat girls"
I don't say anything. We sorta sit there in silence.
"Excited for the game tonight?"

James POV

Honestly? I feel like crap. Not talking to Michelle, or seeing her laugh,smile evening the way she is feisty Is making me on edge. The only reason I'm with Emily is because I need a distraction and she was the first desperate girl I could find in time. Im only doing this to make Michelle angry. But I don't think it worked. Clearly she's moved on but I haven't and I can't. She's so damn fit I just want to call her mine already. I can see guys looking her like she is a meal and I don't like it. I want to be there protecting her.
I know I have a history with girls, lead them on for a while, give them the satisfaction and then Dump them the next night but Michelle is different I can see this one lasting.
But that's clearly never going to happen.

"Alright guys. First game o the season and its on our turf. Let's go out with a bang" coaches pep talks are always the same. I'm not nervous. I just want to get out there. I can hear the cheerleaders riling up the crowd, I listen for Michelle's chants. A smile grows on my face as I think of her.
"James!" Coach yells "Lead us to victory. I nod my head with a stern look ,put my helmet on and lead my team into the field. The crowd roars with cheers.

It's 5minutes left of play and it's starting to rain. Hard. We are down by a point.
"Come on team" I yell. I hear the cheerleaders chanting over the rain and the crowd.

"Touchdown!!" The spokesman yells "Home beats the defending team. What a game" the crowd screams with excitement and my team lifts me up onto their shoulders as I scored the winning try. The cheerleaders come and circle us and everything is amazing. I feel on top of the world. I look around and see Michelle's smile beaming. She looks so beautiful in the rain. The team puts me down and I look for Michelle. I see he determined face storm to me. I walk to her slowly gaining speed when I reach her I grab we face with both of hands an kiss her with such passion. She kisses back with even more passion. I rest my hands on her hips an she wraps her arms around my neck deepening the kiss. Damn this is amazing. It's what I've wanted for a long time.
We finally pull apart and smile at each other. Her eyes sparkle with lust and excitement.

Michelle's POV.

The kiss is great, it's amazing, it's everything I've wanted in a kiss.
It feels like our first all over again only this time, better.
I look up at James and smile "Hi" I whisper
"Hey" he smiles down at me.
"I wanna be with you" my hearts going a million miles a second at the words fall from my mouth. It's true. I want to be with him. His smile grows wider and mine does as well.
"I've been waiting a long time to Hear that" he says. We kiss one more time, this time with hope.