Ash to the Rescue

"La dee da dee da!" Ash sang as we walked, having a hold of my hand. I had lost my map, so I was only following the path in front of me. I only hope it takes me to Haven.

"Darn it. I don't know where I'm going. Where's a sign when you need one?" I asked in frustration. 

"Where's... Where's a sign?" Ash repeated. "Yeah. I feel like we should've come across one by now." I said. 

"Come... Come across one by now..." Ash copied. How far away is Haven, anyway? And why haven't I come across a town yet? I thought.

I feel like we've been walking for so long that we should've seen something already. 

As if being answered, I spotted a village up ahead. But from where I was standing, the buildings looked damaged. 

"Come on," I told Ash. We headed towards the village. Inside, it was quiet, almost abandoned. "Hello? Is anybody here?"

There was no answer. "Mommy, where is everyone?" Ash asked. "I'm not sure." I replied. The place seemed to be abandoned. 

I stopped walking when I found a sign. "Oni... yuri..." I pronounced. "Oni... yuri? Sounds tasty. Can I eat it, Mommy?" Ash asked. 

"Um, I don't think so. I think that was the name of this place before it became like this." I informed. "Why did it become like this?" He asked. 

"Because of Grimm, I'm assuming," I said. My stomach growled, making me blush and place a hand over it. "Let's take a break and eat something."

Ash and I ate inside a building that was in livable condition. I looked at Ash as he happily ate candy. 

I still can't believe this boy is a humanoid Grimm. I mean, how is that even possible?

Ash yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Mommy, I'm tired." He said. "Oh? Go ahead and take a nap. I'll wake you when it's time to go," I told him.

Ash curled up beside me and rested his head in my lap, quickly falling asleep. I couldn't help but smile gently as I placed my hand over his head. 

I wanted to learn more about him, and understand him. For Ash to be half Grimm and half human is incredible. 

Regardless, I still need to find myself a teacher, and try to get Beacon back to the way it was. But to control an entire army like that... It almost sounds impossible. 

I sighed and gazed at the sky. "Where am I supposed to find a teacher who can control Grimm like me? Is there... even anyone out there like me?" I wondered.

Think, Lily. You can't give up hope yet. If I was an experienced person who could control Grimm, where would I be?

Well... I guess I'd be someplace hidden. Someplace where no one would find me. So... Deep in the woods, maybe?

But I'm tired of going into the woods. I'm tired of walking in circles and wandering without knowing where I'm going.

"Why the long face, my little flower?"

I looked over as a scorpion-based Faunus approached me. I had this uneasy feeling because of the way he was smiling.

"Who're you?" I asked. "Why, my little flower, my name is Tyrian, and I've been looking for you." He introduced. "Looking for me?" I repeated.

"What is it the people call you again? Ah, I remember now. The Grimm Whisperer." He chuckled creepily. I frowned in confusion.

"Why are you looking for me? Are you a bounty hunter of sorts?" I asked. "Something like that," Tyrian answered.

"I was sent by our queen and goddess to retrieve you myself. She has taken quite the interest in you."

What is this guy talking about? This guy was really freaking me out, and my instincts were telling me to get away from him.

Tyrian took a step forward and I immediately stood to my feet. "Don't be afraid, my little flower. I only wish to help you." He insisted.

"And how's that?"

"I overheard you're looking for a teacher. Someone to teach you about Grimm."

"Mm... And you're saying you'll take me to them if I go with you?"

"That's what I'm offering."

It sounded too good to be true, but my instincts were telling me not to trust him. "What if I refuse your offer?" I asked. "Then, I'll take you by force," Tyrian smirked.

In a flash, Tyrian was behind me and he pinned me to the ground, twisting both my arms behind my back. "You're smaller than I thought. This will make my job much more easier."

"Let go of me!" I shouted. A small rock was thrown at Tyrian's head. He looked over and spotted Ash, seeing as it was him who threw the pebble. "Leave Mommy alone!" He yelled.

"Ash! Get out of here! Now!" I called to him. "Hehehe! And what will you do if I don't?" Tyrian taunted. 

I grunted in pain when Tyrian twisted my arm even more, just to get a reaction out of Ash. He frowned while growling with frustration. 

The ground began to shook while I heard heavy footsteps coming our way, and fast. Before long, a herd of Ursai and Beowolves surrounded us, snarling and growling. 

"What? Where did they come from?" I mumbled. "I said, leave Mommy alone!" Ash repeated, and the army of Grimm charged at Tyrian. 

The Faunus quickly let go of me and began to fight off the Grimm. While he was distracted, Ash ran over to me. "Mommy, are you alright?" He asked as I sat up. 

"Where... How did you do that?" I asked. I looked at Tyrian to see that he had killed half of the Grimm that attacked him. 

It was only a matter of time until he would turn his attention back to us. "We have to get out of here! Come on!"

I took Ash's hand and we made a run out of Oniyuri. We ran until we were far away as possible.

"Okay, this should be far enough." I panted with my hands on my knees. Those Grimm just showed up out of nowhere. 

And they showed up when Ash got angry. I looked at him as he was still catching his breath. 

Wait... Did Ash summon them? I thought. It could be a possibility. He is part Grimm after all. "Is Mommy okay?" Ash asked. 

"Yeah. Thanks to you. You saved us back there. Good job, Ash." I praised. "Good... Good job? That's a good thing, right? Ehehehe! I did a good job!" Ash giggled. 

A Beowolf walked by us in the distance, then looked in our direction with a growl. Ash saw it and stared. 

The two of them seemed to have gone into a staring contest. The Beowolf lost as it blinked its eyes, then walked off. 

Whoa... So it looks like Ash has the ability to call upon Grimm and ward them off. That's amazing.

"Let's move on." I suggested. "Yeah!" Ash agreed with a grin.