Bounty Hunters

Ash and I talked with each other, and I tried understanding where he came from. But his answers weren't as helpful. 

Ash doesn't remember where he came from or what he was doing before we met. All he knows was that he was hungry and was just looking for the food, and that was Grimm. 

I asked him if Grimm normally showed up when he was alone, and he answered, "Yeah. I think they wanted to play with me. But some of them didn't taste all that good."

I made sure to keep note of that in the Grimm book just in case it could come in handy in the future. 

After learning as much as I could from Ash, I told him what I've learned so far from my Grimm abilities. 

"When I was near Grimm, I felt calm. A little happy? But oddly, never scared. At least until I saw that dragon back at Beacon." I explained. 

"What about when you did that flashy-flashy thing with your eyes?" Ash asked. 

"Flashy... flash?" I repeated. Is he talking about when everything turned white and that Grimm turned to stone? "Oh, you mean that. I actually don't know how I did that. It just happened."

"Well, how did you feel when you did that trick with your eyes?"

"I felt... determined. Like all that fear I had before turned into courage. But I don't think I've ever done something like that before. Aside from that, when I do try to control Grimm, they don't listen to me. Like that Grimm we encountered from before."

"It shounds like you can't control all Grimm. Not yet, at weast."

"Which means we'll just have to work harder, right?" I smiled. "Uh-huh!" Ash agreed with a grin. 

Ash and I continued to do what we could to help each other, and we were definitely making progress. 

Ash knew more than what we did before and I was starting to understand my abilities more and more. 

To see if my training's paid off, I try controlling bigger Grimm. Not a Nevermore or a Deathstalker. I'm talking bigger and stronger. 

"Mommy, are you sure about this?" Ash asked. "Absolutely." I answered. We hid in a couple of bushes as we observed a Goliath. 

I can do this. Just need to relaxed and stay focused. You can do this, Lily. I encouraged myself. I took a deep breath, then nodded to Ash. 

He nodded back, stepped out from the bushes, then used his powers to lure the Grimm to our location. The Goliath turned its head in our direction. 

Almost immediately, it charged towards us. I quickly ran over to Ash and got in front of him. Relax and stay focused. I reminded myself. 

Frowning with confidence, I put my hand out in front of me, signaling the Goliath to stop. But it didn't. It kept coming towards us and it caused me to panic. 

"Mommy!" Ash hugged my waist with a whimper as the Goliath got closer. I narrowed my eyes at the Grimm. "I'm the one in control. You obey me," I said, feeling my panic slip away. 

"Stop!"

The Goliath skidded to a stop, barely running into me. "Whoa..." Ash said in awe. "My words exactly." I agreed. 

The Goliath lowered its trunk slightly so I could place my hand over it. I removed my hand after a few seconds and the Goliath walked away. 

"Hooray! Mommy did a good job!" Ash cheered. "Yep. It's all thanks to you, Ash." I said while petting his head. 

Our celebration was cut short when a Huntsman approached us. "Well, would you look at that. It's the Grimm Whisperer. Looks like I really hit the jackpot." He said. 

"Mm? Do I know you?" I asked him. "I doubt it. I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, so I'll say this in plain English. I'm a bounty hunter of sorts and there's a lot of people who want you for money." He explained. 

He took out a flyer with my face on it and a price below the picture for anyone who caught me. 

Someone wants a bounty on me? Why? Is it because of that video? I wondered. Well, at least I'm wanted alive more than dead.

"So, why don't you make this easy for me and just come with me, okay?" He said. "Yeah, I don't think so." I denied. 

He chuckled humorously. "I figured you'd say that." He smirked. The Huntsman swiftly took out a chain and flung it towards us. 

When the chain wrapped around Ash, the Huntsman tugged so Ash was pulled towards him and held him with his forearm.

"Ash!" I called out. I attempted to run at them, but halted when the Huntsman raised a gun to Ash's head. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He advised. 

"Let him go! I'm the one you want, not him!" I shouted. "Then make this easy for yourself. Come with me and the boy lives." He bargained. 

Ash frowned and bit down on the Huntsman, making him yelp with pain. "Argh! Why, you little-!"

The Huntsman sentence was cut off when I tackled him to the ground, forcing him to let go of Ash. 

"Go, Ash! Run! Get away from here!" I called to him. Ash hesitated with a whimper. "Now! I'll be right behind you!"

Reluctantly, Ash took off into the woods. "Get off me, kid!" The Huntsman easily overpowered me and held me down while sitting on my back. 

"As soon as I get my money, that kid of yours is as good as dead." He said. I frowned upon hearing that, feeling angry all over. "I won't let you lay a finger on him!" 

I gasped when I felt my heart pound against my chest. Something wasn't right. Something didn't feel right. 

Before he had a chance to put handcuffs on me, I felt my body change. I could feel myself growing taller and my body getting stronger. 

I used my free hand and reached behind me to grab the Huntsman, then flung him off my back. When I rose to my feet and let out an inhuman roar. 

Lunging forward, I grabbed the Huntsman by his throat and lifted him in the air. "I'll kill you before you even reach that boy." I growled. 

I threw him into the woods, then let out a roar of victory. My heart pounded in my chest again, causing me to fall to my hands in knees. 

"Grr... What's happening to me?!" I grunted. Everything hurts. What is this?

"Yo, Russel? Are you out here?"

"He probably decided to head back to camp."

"Then why did he go this way when the camp is back that way?" 

Two more Huntsmen emerged from the woods before noticing me. I shakily rose to my feet and reached my hand out to them. 

"W-Whoa! What the hell is that thing?!"

"A Grimm? But I've never seen anything like it!"

Grimm? I'm not a Grimm. I thought to myself. "Shoot it! Hurry up and kill it already!"

"Wait!" I called. One of the Huntsmen raised their bayonet rifle and fired it. I felt the bullet pierce my torso, causing me to take a couple steps back. 

My body swayed for a second before I fell back, falling off a cliff.