Tell The Truth

"This is terrible," Jacques Schnee won the election when Robyn should've won by a landslide. I don't understand how this could happen. 

"None of this makes any sense." I mumbled. "Only my father would turn a hostile takeover fluffy PR move." Weiss said while looking over the invitation. 

"On the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad. We do want the General to start opening up to these people, right?" Ruby mentioned.

"Yeah, but on his terms," Oscar stated. "Ironwood's going to be locked in a room at his rival's own dinner party. I know Jacques says he's happy to moderate, but all that really means is he'll be the one controlling the conversation."

"Not hard to imagine how that's gonna play out." Blake mumbled. 

"I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be the people's champion, wasn't she?" Weiss sighed. "There's just too many coincidences."

"You really think your dad might have something to do with Salem?" Yang asked. "I think my father would do whatever it takes to win." Weiss answered. 

"And we should do the same." Ruby said. "We should?" Ash replied while tilting his head to the side. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, no one knows her dad better than Weiss, and out of everyone going tonight, I'd say she's the only one who should snoop around the house and not be questioned," She explained. 

"If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is."

Everyone arrived at the Schnee manor and were invited in by Weiss's younger brother, Whitley. 

"Right, well, don't wander off, don't break anything, and be ready in case the General calls on you." Harriet instructed us.

"Counterpoint, how about we do wander off, consider breaking things, and then all that other stuff." Yang said, making Ash giggle.  

"I'll be in touch." Weiss informed, and headed towards the stairs.But before she could climb them, she was stopped by Whitley. "This might be a problem." Oscar said. 

"We need a distraction." I mumbled to myself. "Huh?" I looked over and saw Ash walking away while grabbing food off the trays that were being served. 

Is he really that hungry? He ate a whole box of cereal on the way here. I wonder if it's because he's part Grimm. Still so much to learn. 

But instead of eating them, Ash took the tray full of food and smushed it onto some round woman's dress. 

Shocked, the woman screamed while tossing her drink into the air. My eyes widened in surprise when I noticed the drink fall all over Whitley's head and clothing. 

"You rodent!" The large woman yelled at Ash. He quickly ran over to me and hid behind me, the woman stomping over to me. "Uh-oh..." I mumbled. 

"Look what that animal of yours did to my dress! It's ruined!" She screamed at me. Her voice was so loud, it made me flinch. "I'm sorry, ma'am! It won't happen again!" I apologized. 

The large woman scoffed before leaving to clean herself. I turned around to face Ash and kneeled down to his height. 

"I'm sorry, Mommy. I didn't mean to get you in trouble." He apologized while hugging his arm. "But it did the trick! He left!" Yang informed. 

"I'm not mad at you, Ash. Yang's right. What you did really helped us out." I said with a smile. "I... Not in trouble?" He asked. "Not at all. You did a good job." I said.

I petted his head and Ash giggled. After some time had passed, Weiss returned and told us that her suspicions were correct. 

Her father did have something to do with the votes. She showed us a video from her scroll and it showed her father talking to a man named Arthur Watts, one of Salem's subordinates. 

This guy had access to master controls, allowing him to control the heating system in Mantle. But at least, he didn't have access to the Amity Project. 

"Without heat down in Mantle, people are going to freeze to death." I realized, mumbling to myself. 

"But if he learns about Amity, she learns about Amity." Ironwood said while checking his scroll. "Can you block his access?" Weiss asked him. 

"It's too late. He's already starting to lock us out." He answered. "Can we trace him somehow? Find out where he's hiding?" Blake suggested. 

"He's going to be mobile. We need his access point. We need to get him out in the open." Ironwood explained. 

"Okay, so let me get this straight," Robyn said. "Yep. Still here, everyone. How do a disgraced scientist and disappear serial killer find each other, General? Why would they target you? And why are you working so hard to hide the Amity Communications Tower from them?" 

"You know?" Ironwood said with a raised eyebrow. "I used to think you were hiding something to protect yourself. But I can tell there's something much bigger going on here," Robyn continued. 

"Now I think it's to protect something else. Us. Atlas, maybe even all of Remnant. And you're afraid of what might happen if you tell the truth."

That's when Ash suddenly gasped as his eyes glowed for a quick second. "Grimm! They're in Mantle! People are in danger!" He alerted us. 

"What?!" I said. "I can feel it. All of the negative energy. The Grimm's desire to destroy and devour." Ash explained. 

As soon as he said that, Clover and Oliver quickly entered the room. 

"He's right. The air fleet's doing everything they can, but they can't easily target Grimm in the city without risking casualties." Clover informed. 

"This... This is what I was afraid would happen." Ironwood said with a look of deep concern on his face. "Sir, we need ground support now!" Clover urged. 

"What we need is to start evacuating Mantle!" Robyn objected. "If it's completely overrun, it's not going to be safe anywhere! Use the fleet to get-!"

"If I move the fleet, then Atlas is vulnerable!" The General argued. "I... I tried to keep the kingdom safe, and now we're losing everything."

"General? Earlier, you asked for my advice." Oscar mentioned. "I wanted Ozpin's advice." Ironwood stated. 

"And his advice probably would've been to keep your secrets. When we first got here, you already knew that wasn't the right course. You had a new plan."

"It's time to give up on that plan. It's all falling apart."

"The panic you were worried about, it's already happening. The secrets you're keeping, they're about to be in the open, anyway. It's time... Tell the truth."

"You're not alone," Ruby said while taking a step forward. She smiled with confidence. "We can do this together."

Ironwood looked at the two of them and smiled. "Thank you. Oscar, I think it's time you get back to the academy." He said. "I think you're right." Oscar agreed. 

"Ms. Hill, Councilman Sleet, Councilwoman Camilla. There are some things you need to know about. Let's figure out how we can help Mantle. Together." Ironwood said. 

"I've called a transport." Winter informed. "What about Watts and Tyrian?"  Yang asked. "Leave them to me. Right now, you're need down below." Ironwood instructed. 

"All right, everybody. It's time to do our jobs. All of us." Ruby said. "What she said. Let's make it happen, Huntsmen!" Clover said. 

"What should I do? Should I come, too?" I asked Ruby. "Well, the Grimm aren't going to calm themselves. We need someone who will listen to them." Ruby said, smiling with encouragement. 

I grinned at her and nodded in agreement. "You heard her, everyone! No time to lose!" I said, and we ran outside to the transport.